Functionality Not Working Well

I just want to let you know that I tried to use this feature, one that I think will be great when it is functioning well, but I had considerable problems with it.

1. After clicking on buttons, tabs, features, etc. nothing would happen for a long time, until I clicked a second time, at which point the window would turn white and I would finally get a display after about 10 seconds.

2. I tried to get some of the functions to work when I finally did get the wallet windows to open but that was not successful either.

I like the concept but it needs more work to get it to be production ready.

Comments

• jeanluc69s
    jeanluc69s ✭✭✭
    I just want to let you know that I tried to use this feature, one that I think will be great when it is functioning well, but I had considerable problems with it.

1. After clicking on buttons, tabs, features, etc. nothing would happen for a long time, until I clicked a second time, at which point the window would turn white and I would finally get a display after about 10 seconds.

2. I tried to get some of the functions to work when I finally did get the wallet windows to open but that was not successful either.

I like the concept but it needs more work to get it to be production ready.

i agree with you on that i experienced the same issue and it does not fill your credendials as advertised. Let's hope this will be taken care of, if so this product will be the bomb.

• happens to me to!

the response time when you try to click anything is horrible.

also, it doesn't fill in the credentials on many web sites.

i would suggest adding a toolbar button to the web browser which the user will have to press when he wants to enter the saved credentials, similar to roboform.

the feature has great potential, indeed in need of serious fixing.

• It should work like Lastpass but it does not. Sticking with Lastpass for now.

• I also can confirm bad response time on accesing Wallet settings.

Wallet work on Internet Explorer 10, but not working on Chrome latest version. <_<

I am sure that soon Wallet will be improved.

Have a nice day!

• is there a way to put the password once for all?

• manoj.cool
    edited July 2013

Wallet feature is a hit and miss both on chrome and ie10 needs lot of improvements. Eg: if you open gmail.com login page and instantly open new tab and go to bitdefender.com the login options shows on bitdefender.com page, if you try to switch to gmail page the notification/pop up will be gone and you need to reload the page again, its very frustrating. Since bitdefender already has a tool bar why not integrate wallet into it?

• Wallet feature is a hit and miss both on chrome and ie10 needs lot of improvements. Eg: if you open gmail.com login page and instantly open new tab and go to bitdefender.com the login options shows on bitdefender.com page, if you try to switch to gmail page the notification/pop up will be gone and you need to reload the page again, its very frustrating. Since bitdefender already has a tool bar why not integrate wallet into it?

Hello.

"Patience is a veritable virtue" :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure will follow some updates that will solve these problems soon.

Have a nice day!

• Hello.

"Patience is a veritable virtue" :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure will follow some updates that will solve these problems soon.

Have a nice day!

Doesn't fill in anything on my online banking

• I can't get wallet to auto fill?..tried Chrome and IE 10

• Wallet isn't auto filling for me either in Google Chrome with Windows 8 x64. I even tried having it manully ask me every time I visit a site and then I click on my login, but it doesnt autofill even then. It saves the logins properly though.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback!

To further investigate this case, please post here a support tool log.

The support tool executable supporttool.exe is found in this location: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender

You may not be able to upload the files here as they are too big so you can put them on www.sendspace.com and post the download links.

Thank you!

• You told us how to open the support tool, but where is the log saved? Also, the support tool takes at least 10 minutes every time I report a problem.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    @Bulletbling Thank you for uploading the logs. Because you have multiple security solutions I will first send you a few steps via PM to uninstall them. Then, if the navigation between wallet columns or entries is still very slow I will need new logs so I can submit them to our testing team.

• @Bulletbling Thank you for uploading the logs. Because you have multiple security solutions I will first send you a few steps via PM to uninstall them. Then, if the navigation between wallet columns or entries is still very slow I will need new logs so I can submit them to our testing team.

I wasn't aware that I had multiple security solutions so I will wait for your pm to inform me of them. Besides Roboform, I am unaware as to what you're referring to.

• I sent you a PM last night, but apparently it didn't send as it's not in my sent folder. I uninstalled everything asked, but the ZoneAlarm because it's not integrated into Chrome nor is it in my programs list, but I did run a ZoneAlarm uninstaller last night to remove the remnants of ZoneAlarm.

The Wallet still doesn't autofill on ANY of the sites I go to even after I've disabled RoboForm which is the only thing that could interfere with it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vkhxrf

Also, I have reported 5 problems over the past week using BitDefenders support tool and have yet to receive an email about any of the issues I've reported so I'd like you to check on my reports from email Bulletbling@gmail.com. The software is buggy, settings revert without me knowing, wallet doesn't work, there aren't enough settings to toy with, and you don't have an option to prompt the user what to do in case of a virus being found. I will be switching to Kaspersky if things don't change and you guys continue to not implement GUI changes that users want. I have already installed a demo of Kaspersky Internet Security on my desktop (not this laptop where wallet isn't working) and it has a plethora of settings to change to a user's liking and prompts the user on what to do in case a virus is found if they'd like. Most users want this option.

Thank you!

• I still haven't gotten this to work even with the most previous update and the larger one today. Anything you can figure out from that log? Have you discovered a bug in wallet?

• I can't get wallet to auto fill?..tried Chrome and IE 10

Wallet isn't auto filling for me either in Google Chrome with Windows 8 x64. I even tried having it manully ask me every time I visit a site and then I click on my login, but it doesnt autofill even then. It saves the logins properly though.

They way I solved the issue is with CCleaner. First download and install, then go to start up under tools. Click on Google Chrome tab and enable bitdefender wallet. I think there are other apps out there where you can manage your start up items but I already had CCleaner. Hope this works for you guys!

• I have ccleaner on my computer already and run it every now and then. I will run it right now and see if that helped.

• Ccleaner didn't fix the problem for me. Does anyone at BitDefender here know the problem?

• Animals
    edited August 2013

Experiencing the same problem here. Wallet is completely unresponsive and slow. After entering the password it takes more than a minute before Wallet starts. Also switching between tabs makes it unresponsive.

I'm using Bitdefender as a limited user under Windows 8 Pro x64.

I'm sorry but the zip file that the Bitdefender support tool creates contains too much personal data which I don't prefer to make publicly available here as a link. Please contact me through PM or e-mail for a link.

• What's the solution? Anyone fix this yet? BitDefender tech support, can you help us out here?

• Hello everyone,

The Wallet issue reported in this thread has been resolved through automatic update of the Bitdefender product - build version 17.16.0.729:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=195175

Please right click on the Bitdefender icon located in system tray and from the menu select "Update Now". Reboot the PC if requested, then check if the issue persists.