Bit Defender Total Security 2013 Not Workign With Windows 8.1

Bit defender total security 2013 not working with windows 8.1. I had to uninstall it and now it is not allowing me to install it saying some compatibility issues.

Will bit defender not work on 8.1? Can some one please update me if there is some fix?

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013

Hello yogigenx,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Bitdefender 2013 is not compatible with Windows 8.1 Preview. Only The New Bitdefender can be installed on Windows 8.1 Preview. However, we can not guarantee the full functionality of the product on a prerelease O.S.

To upgrade for free to The New Bitdefender please follow the steps from this article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Install...oduct-1149.html

Rest assured that when Windows 8.1 hits the market Bitdefender will be perfectly compatible with it.

Thanks for posting, hope you have a beautiful week ahead!

• Sean Rubin
    edited August 2013

EDIT: posted reply in wrong thread. sorry. Removed.

• nullset
    edited October 2013
    Hello yogigenx,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Bitdefender 2013 is not compatible with Windows 8.1 Preview. Only The New Bitdefender can be installed on Windows 8.1 Preview. However, we can not guarantee the full functionality of the product on a prerelease O.S.

To upgrade for free to The New Bitdefender please follow the steps from this article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Install...oduct-1149.html

Rest assured that when Windows 8.1 hits the market Bitdefender will be perfectly compatible with it.

Thanks for posting, hope you have a beautiful week ahead!

I have just installed the Windows 8.1 release. Bitdefender does NOT work! I don't know if this is you or Microsoft (although I would be willing to be on Microsoft). When can we expect this issue to be resolved?

• I have just installed the Windows 8.1 release. Bitdefender does NOT work! I don't know if this is you or Microsoft (although I would be willing to be on Microsoft). When can we expect this issue to be resolved?

I had the same problem, updated to 8.1 and Bitdefender Total Security 2013 was not working properly. I downloaded the latest installer from the Bitdefender website, uninstalled Bitdefender Total Security 2013, rebooted and installed it again with latest installer. This solved the problem, works fine now :-)

• @Jaoasun - can you confirm that BD TS now works with 8.1 ?

• I have a similar problem, except more serious.

Installed the latest version on 8.1 Pro and it initially worked. However, the Samsung Software Updater on my system started reporting that two versions of Bitdefender were installed. On the next cold start, Windows refused to load. No hints, just stuck on the initial loading screen. As I'd installed other software, I was unsure of the culprit so performed a system restore which resolved the problem. After reinstalling Bitdefender, I had the same problem on restart. Entered Safe Mode and removed, reboot and fine.

Please confirm whether Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 is compatible with the now internationally fully released Windows 8.1....

• I just installed Windows 8.1 and I could not connect to internet using Bitdefender Total Security 2013. I uninstalled Bitdefender and now I am fine.

I don't know if I should reinstall Bitdefender or not?