Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 Installation Hangs

Hi,

I have purchased bit defender 2013 antivirus plus and installed it a month ago in my system ( initially it crashed several times in the previous system and caused BSOD in windows 8 , however in some try it got installed) . yesterday I had to change my system and have tried to install in new system with Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit but every time the installer starts it shows the scanning , downloading and installing screen and the PC hangs. Have tried it 4 times everytime the same result. I have disabled windows defender , UAC and used BD uninstall utility to remove any left overs before installing each time but same result. I have also used the direct 64 bit antivirus plus installer mentioned in your forum which was around 320 mb ( i guess offline package ) but even that asks for downloading files during installation and hangs at the start as previous one. Iam running without any antivirus now and expect a quick response.

Thanks in advance.

And also I would like to know how can I use the license key ( single user ) purchased and has been registered in the previous system ( has been formatted before selling the PC ) in my new system bought yesterday. I already have registered in the the online BD portal with my key from the previous system. But that has been formatted and want to activate my remaining 11 months from this new system. Kindly let me know how to proceed further.

Look forward for your response.

Thanks,

Prash

Comments

• Prash
    edited July 2013

Still no response ?? Please advice on the above issue. I am running without antivirus because of this.

let me know if you need more details.

regards,

Prash

Hi,

I have purchased bit defender 2013 antivirus plus and installed it a month ago in my system ( initially it crashed several times in the previous system and caused BSOD in windows 8 , however in some try it got installed) . yesterday I had to change my system and have tried to install in new system with Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit but every time the installer starts it shows the scanning , downloading and installing screen and the PC hangs. Have tried it 4 times everytime the same result. I have disabled windows defender , UAC and used BD uninstall utility to remove any left overs before installing each time but same result. I have also used the direct 64 bit antivirus plus installer mentioned in your forum which was around 320 mb ( i guess offline package ) but even that asks for downloading files during installation and hangs at the start as previous one. Iam running without any antivirus now and expect a quick response.

Thanks in advance.

And also I would like to know how can I use the license key ( single user ) purchased and has been registered in the previous system ( has been formatted before selling the PC ) in my new system bought yesterday. I already have registered in the the online BD portal with my key from the previous system. But that has been formatted and want to activate my remaining 11 months from this new system. Kindly let me know how to proceed further.

Look forward for your response.

Thanks,

Prash

• Hi any support person there ? please help. I have gone through the general FAQ and there resolutions are given only when system crashes after installation, but mine crashes at the starting of the installation in the scanning and downloading screen. Iam unable to install because of that. Clicking on support from mybitdefender page takes to FAQ and there is not technical helpline or chat available.

Please advise ASAP.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013

Hi

Issue #1 : Try this method with disbaled internet connection and offline setup kit

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry173564

Issue #2 :

How to upgrade for free from an older version to the New Bitdefender ?

How do I install Bitdefender on a second/third/fourth computer? [bitdefender Windows 8 Security] (Copy/Paste the whole link in the browser)

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-do-...ourth-computer-[bitdefender-windows-8-security]-997.html

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Prash, please let us know how everything went.

Thank you!

• Prash, please let us know how everything went.

Thank you!

Hi sorry forgot to update the post. Actually clearing the windows temp files and reinstalling Bit defender fixed the issue ( dint know what caused it, but I even tried without internet and other methods mentioned above and only this worked ) and its working fine in windows 8 now. Happy with the product.

Thanks

Prash