Wallet - Wrong Password

orenyo@verizon.net
edited August 2013 in Wallet

I am on Windows 7 Ultimate.

I found a couple of days ago that when I try to open Wallet - it asks for the master password as usual. But - it keeps telling me that the master password is incorrect.

I downloaded the reset_password program so I could reset the password for the product. Started windows in safe mode - ran the program - gave me a cmd and it appeared to complete so I pressed a key to finish up.

I restarted windows normally - tried to open Wallet and got the same kind of message after trying to enter the master password. I then realized that I needed to set the password for the product so I went in under general settings and enterd the password. When I try to get into Wallet it keeps telling me that the master password is incorrect.

I selected to create a new wallet - when I do - it warns me about losing all data - then when I try to open the new wallet - I enter my "master password" and it still gives me the error Wrong Password.

I can go into the product under settings - try to change the password - it asks for the original password I key that in and I can get into entering a new password. I can get into the MyBitdefender on the web with no problem either.

So what am I mssing?

Comments

• I have the same problem as you, on windows 7. I do not know how to solve the problem for the moment, I expect an answer in the forum of French by Yann

BitDefender support technicians in France.

Visit My topic here in french

Greetings. John :P

• I have the same problem as you, on windows 7. I do not know how to solve the problem for the moment, I expect an answer in the forum of French by Yann

BitDefender support technicians in France.

Visit My topic here in french

Greetings. John :P

Hi John - if you get an answer to this issue - please pass it on - I hope someone from Bitdefender will get back to us with a solution.

• Bonsoir NODO

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate that, but rest assured, as soon as I get information on the problem of the Wallet, I would inform you. However, it may take a few days longer, as the French forum moderator is absent, it must be on vacation, perhaps returning to the 1st September. Ok, I will keep my promise ... A soon!

Greetings

John

• Dear NODO

I sent a notification to the customer support to report my problem with Wallet playing tricks on me, word goes unrecognized, and today I received a mail service, inviting me to follow guide for the manipulation associated with my license. As ran, uninstall with BD2013_Uninstall_Tool.exe then restart then Patch SetID-Cleaner.exe, then reinstall the version 2014.

Everything went correctly, proper installation and proper functioning again.

My Wallet is now brand new now.

I created again (since I have Bitdefender Internet Security, brand new installed since yesterday!), A master password secure in Wallet.

I rebooted (Windows 7 - 64 bit) and open a small window opens asking for my password. I type and confirm my password and it's ok this time!

So now the rest is simple, every time I log on to a site such as this forum Bitdefender, a small window appears in the bottom right of the screen, saying: "Bitdefender secure your connection bitdefender.com".

I just checked by opening now Bitdefender Wallet and effectively, Bitdefender forum is registered, the web address, my ID and password are too.

So this is great, everything is going at the moment! I think it is a very useful tool, as Safepay.

Good evening!

• Dear NODO

I sent a notification to the customer support to report my problem with Wallet playing tricks on me, word goes unrecognized, and today I received a mail service, inviting me to follow guide for the manipulation associated with my license. As ran, uninstall with BD2013_Uninstall_Tool.exe then restart then Patch SetID-Cleaner.exe, then reinstall the version 2014.

Everything went correctly, proper installation and proper functioning again.

My Wallet is now brand new now.

I created again (since I have Bitdefender Internet Security, brand new installed since yesterday!), A master password secure in Wallet.

I rebooted (Windows 7 - 64 bit) and open a small window opens asking for my password. I type and confirm my password and it's ok this time!

So now the rest is simple, every time I log on to a site such as this forum Bitdefender, a small window appears in the bottom right of the screen, saying: "Bitdefender secure your connection bitdefender.com".

I just checked by opening now Bitdefender Wallet and effectively, Bitdefender forum is registered, the web address, my ID and password are too.

So this is great, everything is going at the moment! I think it is a very useful tool, as Safepay.

Good evening!

I just want to confirm what you did to get this to work.

1) Run the BD2013_Uninstall_Tool.exe

2) Reboot your system

3) Run the SetID-Cleaner.exe

4) Install Bitdefender Internet Security again

Where did you get those programs from? Can you forward me the email you received from support? Assuming it is in English and if not - could you translate it for me?

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

• Dear NODO,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate.

Do nothing for now, do not change anything, no wait the month of September, a cat version of Bitdefender will be launched.

Here is what the moderator of the technical service:

"I inform you that the problem you are having (long response time to setup and use Bitdefender Wallet) will be fixed in the next build Bitdefender (17.16).

Sincerely,

Yann

Well, so a little patience, and perhaps this new build in September correct our disappointments regarding Wallet ...

Yours

Jeannot

PS. I'll let you know, you can be sure !

• Dear NODO,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate.

Do nothing for now, do not change anything, no wait the month of September, a cat version of Bitdefender will be launched.

Here is what the moderator of the technical service:

"I inform you that the problem you are having (long response time to setup and use Bitdefender Wallet) will be fixed in the next build Bitdefender (17.16).

Sincerely,

Yann

Well, so a little patience, and perhaps this new build in September correct our disappointments regarding Wallet ...

Yours

Jeannot

PS. I'll let you know, you can be sure !

Hi Jeannot

You have been so kind letting me know what you are finding out.

I will wait until the September build to see if they correct the problem or not. Anytime wallet comes up - I just close it. Not much of a problem but it is nicer when it is working.

Thanks.

Drew

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

Hello,

The build version is different in French kits. Remember that the slowdown encountered while navigating through the Wallet columns is already solved in the English kits. We announced the fix here, with build version 17.16.0.729:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=195175

About removing the Wallet master password: there's no need to reinstall Bitdefender to achieve that. Indeed, if you forget the master password for your Wallet, due to security reasons it cannot be reset.

What we need to do in this case is remove the current database and create a new one.

In order to do so, please follow the instructions below:

1) Reboot Windows in Safe Mode, navigate to the following folder and delete everything you find on this path:

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\PasswordManager\random combination of letters and numbers\

- for example:

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\PasswordManager\S-1-5-21-2240077077-2759752423-3911928796-1001\

2) Once you remove all the files found there, reboot Windows normally and open Bitdefender. Once you click on "Wallet", you will be

prompted with a wizard to create a new wallet database.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this matter. Thank you! :)

• Hello!

Is it possible to do the same operation on my French version of Bitdefender?

Read you soon.

With all my thanks.

Jeannot

• Topic for NODO, Hello !

I have done exactly the handling set by Georgia, the Technical Support Group, and my problem is finally solved!

I think you could do the same thing because it is a safe manipulation. I appreciate the way that Georgia has explained to us how to proceed.

Thank you again to all!

Sincerely yours

Jeannot

• De rien, Jeannot :)

Indeed, the instructions on how to delete the current database are common to all Bitdefender build versions, no matter the language pack.

@ NODO

Please try to perform the steps indicated above and let me know if you need further assistance.

Have a lovely weekend ahead!

• Hello,

The build version is different in French kits. Remember that the slowdown encountered while navigating through the Wallet columns is already solved in the English kits. We announced the fix here, with build version 17.16.0.729:

About removing the Wallet master password: there's no need to reinstall Bitdefender to achieve that. Indeed, if you forget the master password for your Wallet, due to security reasons it cannot be reset.

What we need to do in this case is remove the current database and create a new one.

1) Reboot Windows in Safe Mode, navigate to the following folder and delete everything you find on this path:

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\PasswordManager\random combination of letters and numbers\

- for example:

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\PasswordManager\S-1-5-21-2240077077-2759752423-3911928796-1001\

2) Once you remove all the files found there, reboot Windows normally and open Bitdefender. Once you click on "Wallet", you will be

Please let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this matter. Thank you! :)

Hi Georgia,

I also forgot my wallet's master password! I tried the steps you provided above but while in Safe Mode (I selected Safe Mode with Command Prompt), I couldn't find the following:

Path not found

Then I decided to try:

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\

Path not found

Then:

C:\ProgramData\

Path not found

Could the following be the problem?

Product: Bitdefender Total Security 2016

Windows 8.1 64bit

I bought Bitdefender Total Security 2016 on 10/7/2015 because I shop online but unfortunately I haven't been able to use it because I forgot to write the password down! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

• beadkeeper1@gmail.com
    edited January 2016

deleted by beadlady

• beadkeeper1@gmail.com
    edited January 2016
    Hello,

- for example:

Hey Georgia

Re: Please refer to my first post which is 2 above. :(

So after thinking about it I decided to try again... So I reboot in Safe Mode (no command prompt this time), & it worked! Yippee! I was able to create a new Wallet database! Just goes to show you - Always Follow Directions!

Thanks for the great fix!

:)

• Bart
    edited August 2017

doesnt work for me i did this and it doesnt work

then i removed bitdefender 2017 with the uninstall tool

remove all the bitdefender maps in program data and installed a fresh bitdefender 2018

but sadley still the shame

so i tried this solution a couple times but nothing changed

so what can i do now

mine pc is a windows 10 64bit

i have bitdefender total for 5 peaces

Please help me