[solved] How To Disable Bd Pop-up Advertisements?

Comments

• Adding my voice to this thread.

I don't like or want the IPM messages

• Got a response to my original support ticket now. So hopefully that will be it:

We kindly inform you that at your request, we have excluded your Bitdefender account to receive any further pop-ups regarding our promotions and campaigns.
  • Thanks, everyone, for your responses.

Bitdefender's disrespect for their customers is pretty stunning. It is, indeed, disgusting. Every company I do business with allows you to easily opt in or out of advertisements. Somehow these guys just didn't get the memo.

• Yeah. The pop ups are a terrible idea. Please add me to the list to have them removed. I sent an email to costumer service...not sure what my number was. But I would like them gone...or I guess I could just take my business elsewhere. I like the product, but not enough to put up with being spammed.

• I cannot get these dam popups to go away either.

ابحاث محاسبة

I bought this software because it was suppose to keep this type of bad behavior away. NOT put it in.

My clients machines I have installed this software on, are now upset because they are getting popups on their computers and it's costing me time and money.

I have now deleted this software off all my clients machines and will never recommend this companies products again,

I'll just write this off as a loss, since a refund for everyone is unimaginable at this time and I've already put way too much time into something as silly as this.

I suggest that whatever team or individual is responsible for putting these popups that cannot be turned off into a virus software be immediately fired and a new team hired.

This decision to create a quick buck for the company by advertising on our desktops has created nothing short of suicide, there will be no long term commitments from valued customers like myself anymore.

Maybe that's the whole point, capture as much money as you can while your hot, then create the next best thing under another name, rinse and repeat.

BYE!

I'll join the list here. I dont wanna a gigantic popup everyday 10pm on my screen.

• Three pop up ads in 3 days. What a laughable, pathetic excuse for a company, and it's not as if their software is any good. I'll be posting everywhere I can recommending people don't waste their money on this garbage.

• We kindly inform you that we have excluded your Bitdefender account to receive

any further pop-ups regarding our promotions and campaigns.

post-152836-1379605482_thumb.png

Judging by the fact that this pop up I received was two days (as can be seen on time stamp) after my account was excluded does cast doubt as to whether it's an effective course of action. On a more alarming note I have to admit if BitDefender can't fix malware they make themselves what hope do they have fixing malware made by others :o

From my extensive research only effective way to stop adverts is uninstalling BitDefender

• I have been not getting any pop ups the last couple months now, but suddenly after receiving this email I got the bloody f'ing pop ups back again every day!!!!

You guys are a laughable pathetic company, please remove my pop up's again at ONCE. Gah, wanna rip someones heart out, this is so bloody annoying and stupid. Cant believe I have paid for your defect ###### product!!

Ticket ID:201309041024021

Dear Bernt,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your concern and please accept our

apologies for the delayed response.

We kindly inform you that at your request, we have excluded your Bitdefender

account to receive any further pop-ups regarding our promotions and campaigns.

Additionally, please note that every similar e-mail that you receive has the

option of Unsubscribe.

We apologize for this inconvenience and please do not hesitate to contact us

should you need further information.

Have a great day, Bernt!

Best regards,

Sabina Dinu

Senior Customer Service Representative at Bitdefender

• Hi,

How do I get these ###### popups disabled? I've recieved them quite a bit recently and contacting customer support via email resulted in some rubbish reply about upgrading to the latest version of 2013. Don't think the person actually read my email properly.

• To all of the people that are complaining about the popups:

I ended up uninstalling, as it was the only way to get them to stop. I had posted several complaints in this forum, only to have posts deleted and my account banned for 1 month by Georgia. Do not be surprised if the same happens to you.

I liked BitDefender, I really did, but this kind of behavior literally forced me to stop using their product. It's unfortunate, because they do have a good product.

• douglasbarbin: Please consider the e-mail sent to you via Ticket ID: 201308231023511 as an official apology letter from Bitdefender, for the inconvenience encountered and for the negative experience you had with the IPM pop-ups.

I appreciate the apology. Unfortunately, I was unable to read it until today, as you banned me from the forum for the past month. That being the case, I uninstalled BitDefender several weeks ago and would like a refund on ALL of my licenses, as I find the product unusable and unacceptable in its current state. Thanks for your help.

• I was using BDAV since 2008 for my 3 PCs and i'm getting these annoying SPAMS for few weeks. I read this topics and others (since years) about it. Requested for removal from that SPAM list few days ago, but i didint get any ticket number, any email response or changes. Just remember Robert Bosch's words "I would rather lose money than trust". I think Bitdefender dont care about losing trust. So, I decided to say goodbye to Bitdefender after 5 years. Here is my license key. You can still sell it for left days dear Bitdefender. 3BF2278876F0F28DDEE8

Have nice days with your SPAM lover customers Bitdefender (if there is any)

post-158296-1379692371_thumb.jpg

• I have been not getting any pop ups the last couple months now, but suddenly after receiving this email I got the bloody f'ing pop ups back again every day!!!!

You guys are a laughable pathetic company, please remove my pop up's again at ONCE. Gah, wanna rip someones heart out, this is so bloody annoying and stupid. Cant believe I have paid for your defect ###### product!!

Dear Bernt,

option of Unsubscribe.

Have a great day, Bernt!

Best regards,

Sabina Dinu

This exactly, I sent them a reply, telling them how I was annoyed at receiving the pop-ups again as soon as they had sent me an email... isn't it odd? Hmmmm...

• nynjasquirrel
    edited September 2013

These popups are driving me nuts, especially as my 70yr+ parents have BD on their PC, and I'm getting calls about whether they need to purchase what's coming up on screen as its from BitDefender - ie - the TRUSTED software they're using.

This is making me want to rip it all off and go back to Kaspersky.

PS - been trying to PM Georgia to get mine off the list, but apparently she can't receive messages any longer... so is there a new contact we can PM to get rid of these?

• brusher
    edited September 2013

I'd sent an email to BD from their website support 5 days ago and i got today that my message wasnt delivered. It seems they stopped support about this SPAM problem and they will continue that. Here is message that returned:

"This is the mail system at host www.sng1.vdc.bitdefender.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<web_hho_en@bitdefender.com>: delivery temporarily suspended: connect to

horizon.bitdefender.ro[46.108.11.37]:25: Connection timed out

Final-Recipient: rfc822; web_hho_en@bitdefender.com

Original-Recipient: rfc822;web_hho_en@bitdefender.com

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to

horizon.bitdefender.ro[46.108.11.37]:25: Connection timed out

---------- Yönlendirilmiş ileti ----------

To: web_hho_en@bitdefender.com

Cc:

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:49:19 -0400

Subject: New open ticket

Content: Hi, I'm getting pop-up promotion messages in my desktop from you. I'm your customer since 2008 and i dont like your behaviour. Please stop spamming my desktop.

Selected Product: Bitdefender Antivirus 2008

License Key: censored

Operating System: Windows 7

GeoIP Country: Turkey

Selected Country: Turkey

IP: 176.42.171.133

Full Name: Muzaffer Demirel

E-mail: m*******l@gmail.com

Phone:

Department: Technical support

Referer URL: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Last Browsed Products:

Last Articles Read:

Browser: Gecko based"

• Hello, you shouldn't post your license information like that. Someone will try and use it on their own computer which could result in your own machines becoming unprotected through blacklisting via exceeded activations.

• Hello, you shouldn't post your license information like that. Someone will try and use it on their own computer which could result in your own machines becoming unprotected through blacklisting via exceeded activations.

I already uninstalled BDAV from my computers and installed another AV rpogram that does not SPAM his customers who paid... I dont need that license anymore. I dont need a SPAMMER antispam software. I didnt pay Bitdefender to SPAM me....

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    edited September 2013

hidden post

license key posted by brusher: 3BF2278876F0F28DDEE8

please delete this post

• It's been nearly a month since your post. I'm also getting the popup ads, so it's obviously not fixed yet.

If you're going to fix this, a option to not receive the ads (i.e. with a check-box) should be put in the popup ad itself, allowing the user to opt out of the ads then and there. It shouldn't be any more difficult than that for a customer who doesn't want to see ads to stop seeing them. Internet users, as a group, are much pickier about things being simple to do than the population as a whole is. The "let's fix it if they want it fixed and leave it there to generate income if they don't complain" is a bad business model. Your customers will fall into one or more of several categories (not listed in order of frequency):

ابحاث محاسبة stepnt توصيل ورد الرياض

1) Those who will flat-out uninstall the software and cancel the subscription, without saying a word or looking for a solution.

2) Those who will look for a solution, and if none is found, or the solution is too much of a bother for them, will uninstall the software and cancel the subscription.

3) Those who will contact you and try to get the problem fixed. Some will uninstall/cancel anyway, and others won't renew their subscription when it comes due.

4) Those who will say nothing, let the subscription run out, and then cancel.

5) Those who will allow the popups and still use the software.

Notice that only one of those five groups will ever contact you. The first you may learn of the non-satisfaction of the others who cancel will be when the subscription is canceled, and by the time you're replied, they've probably moved to another company.

As you've seen by the posts in this thread (and no doubt in emails, support tickets, and phone calls), more than a few people get very angry at the intrusions by the popups. A few such people (and one threatened you with nearly as much) may make a career out of spreading the "news" all over the internet. Negative publicity is a bad thing, because many people believe everything that they read and will blindly repeat it elsewhere. When reviewing products and services online, people tend to judge based on the lowest fairly-common rating, i.e. if they see 2 bad ratings for every 10 good ones, they won't buy.

The bottom line is that whatever income you're generating from the popups probably is or will be negated by lost subscriptions, lost renewals, and lost potential customers. There are a lot of companies in the antivirus/security industry, and internet customers are a fickle, quick-to-change group. For every person who takes the time to complain, 20 more are just as upset and won't bother taking the time to complain. I don't know how much income the popups are making you, but I'd take a rough guess that the popup situation is costing and/or will cost you 3-5 times as much in lost subscriptions; something that may not be as apparent now as it will be down the road, when it's too late to do anything about it.

I realize that I was long-winded, but this is something you may wish to address quickly. I could name dozens of online companies that failed because they didn't listen to their customers.

That sounds very good, that means a lot. Thank you.

• I taken this thread and the ridicolous policy of bitdefender to spam their paying customers to hardware, pc and tech magazines. Hopefully we will see a few articles that highlight this.

• Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since I requested my refund. Any update, Georgia?

• esmaeilhamdy
    edited October 2013
    I have been not getting any pop ups the last couple months now, but suddenly after receiving this email I got the bloody f'ing pop ups back again every day!!!!شركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياض

Dear Bernt,

option of Unsubscribe.

Have a great day, Bernt!

Best regards,

Sabina Dinu

The pop ups are a terrible idea. Please add me to the list to have them removed. I sent an email to costumer service...not sure what my number was. But I would like them gone...or I guess I could just take my business elsewhere. I like the product, but not enough to put up with being spammed.

• antikythera
    edited October 2013

"PCC (Popup Communication Channel) is the fastest and most secure communication link between you and Bitdefender. This is the only channel that offers 100% security of urgent message delivery. PCC allows us to reach you with information to protect you in dangerous situations. This includes, for example, notices of an expired license or an outdated security solution.

That's why PCC is excepted from a full "unsubscribe". For the moment, we prefer to keep open a reliable line of communication to protect your personal data. Nevertheless, we can solve your unsubscribe requests to stop PCCs on a case-by-case basis if the mentioned campaign is still ongoing."

you need to email them individually to get it partially turned off guys, which is the best they are able to do at present. support@bitdefender.com

• antikythera
    edited October 2013

And here is today's urgent PPC message. Amusingly titled 'when you talk we listen.'

No, just, no....

So I will be filling out the survey with marks given accordingly to the lack of listening going on.

anyone else wanting to give feedback via the same survey:

http://bitdefender.fen.sgizmo.com/s3

post-147261-1380967489_thumb.jpg

• And here is today's urgent PPC message. Amusingly titled 'when you talk we listen.'

No, just, no....

So I will be filling out the survey with marks given accordingly to the lack of listening going on.

anyone else wanting to give feedback via the same survey:

http://bitdefender.fen.sgizmo.com/s3

Took the survey now, dont know why I spared my time on these fools anyway. Anyway, 0 was on all the questions. Fear I might get these bloody f pop ups back again. Jesus Christ ..

• This very issue is what will keep me from renewing my license with Bitdefender...which has about a month left on it. I didn't find the product particularly great anyways, but these constant pop-up ads and renewal messages are just too much. It's a bad decision on Bitdefender's part to incorporate these pop-ups and they know it, but they choose not to disable them across the board, for good. That's ok though, their stupidity and greed will generate the exact opposite (loss of customers) of what they had intended. Anyway, I just wanted to give my two cents. Who knows, maybe someday they will listen and future subscribers may benefit from it. I know it won't be me though.

• and the pop up's are back lol..

• grayghost2
    edited October 2013

Luckily I am in Australia and have not experienced any popups YET!

BDIS has been near perfect. It did take some tweaking to get BD to calm down.

In Australia we have three suppliers of BD

1. BDAustralia.com << my provider.

2. bitdefender.com.au

3. bitdefender.com << international

BDAustralia (not the biggest) provide an excellent local phone support. I get answers in minutes.

Occasionally I am nagged to renew (193 days remaining) by bitdefender.com which would disqualify me from local ozzy support.

I manually update everyday -- sometimes only when the systray "B" gets angry (red)

Would setting updates to manual negate popups? I believe BD updates every 2 hours. On auto updates, my laptop was in a coma.

But I can appreciate what an irritant popups must be.

I do a lot of presentations, so popups would be the kiss-of-death for BD as far as I am concerned.

Today I looked at September 2013 report from "AV Comparitives" -- there are three AVs who out perform BD.

My BD renewal is due in Feb 2014. I was given a bonus 2 months when a BD update screwed my OS settings.

From experience BD was a long way in front of any other AV for ease-of-access and configuration.

BUT nothing is forever --- I will base my renewal on "AV Comparitives" testing and popups complaints in Jan 2014.

• I've been getting the same pop-ups!! This is my work computer so it's completely unacceptable. I can't put up with these kinds of interruptions while I'm coding! What a pain!

I've opened an e-ticket (201304171000941) to ask for help resolving the issue. I shouldn't have to call support to get this fixed. If it's not fixed in 48 hours I'm uninstalling and demanding a full refund.

They need to make this an option that users can turn on or off in a future update. Better yet, make the option subscribe to 'emails' to pitch new products, rather than ramming it down user's throats with pop-ups. Just a suggestion.

Good luck getting that refund. I have been waiting over a month for mine.

• I registered to say that I'm getting these annoying advertisements as well on my antivirus. I've been a customer for a few years now. This is unacceptable. Why are you displaying large intrusive advertisement popups without my consent? There should be an option int the Bitdefender main panel to disable this. They have promised to implement a feature to remove ourselves from the IPM list and yet it looks like we are still waiting. It's been several months since they announced anything in this thread. How am I supposed to recommend this product to others knowing that the product itself is somewhat like Malware.

I seriously think the development team needs to reconsidering displaying these large and annoying advertisements already. I don't know e-mails but this is crossing the line.

Please add a feature to disable these annoying advertisement popups! This is an embarrassment for the company. Shame on you!

P.S: I already filed an e-ticket on this issue.

• I paid for this product. I do not expect a constant stream of adverts from you.

I WILL NOT BE RESUBSCRIBING BECAUSE OF THIS!!!

• I paid for this product. I do not expect a constant stream of adverts from you.

Oh dear ..... what adverts?

Where and when do you see them?

I have run Bitdefender paid products for a looooong time and never seen an advert of any kind. Even the free Antivirus is free of ads.

• Oh dear ..... what adverts?

Where and when do you see them?

I have run Bitdefender paid products for a looooong time and never seen an advert of any kind. Even the free Antivirus is free of ads.

Bottom right hand corner of screen.

Popups trying to get me to resubscribe to bitdefender. When I've paid for something I do not expect to get this sort of in product advertising.

• Bottom right hand corner of screen.

Popups trying to get me to resubscribe to bitdefender. When I've paid for something I do not expect to get this sort of in product advertising.

Are you getting near the end of your subscription period?

Many companies pop up reminders in the last month to remind you to renew.

Another big AV company does this, some people hate it, BUT if they don't remind people and the subscription expires they get screamed at for not telling users ............ they can't win.

• Thank you Brusher , an interesting read.

I have never seen these popup adverts , and yes, it is totally unacceptable in any premium product. News should be on a strictlysubscription basis.

The day one of these adverts appears will be the day I remove Bitdefender on a permanent basis.

• No_Ads_Wanted
    edited December 2013

Well this is rubbish they send. It covers roughly a quarter of my screen and appears in foreground so blocks any work I'm currently doing. I've heard some people have had that appear while doing a sales pitch, product demonstration or during board meetings...

post-152836-1388362537_thumb.png

I guess it's targeting naive elderly demographic who naively clicks on lines and pays up. If you check other thread you'll see how even though the claim they can "remove" you from their promotional campaigns/intrusive unwaranted malware it doesn't work. You can either assume it's incompetence or that they don't care about users. Scary thought is that if BitDefender can't prevent intrusive ads sent by themselves what chance do they have of stopping malicious intrusions from 3rd parties?

• This is an example

63iPT.jpg

• SAME HERE!!!!!

in the middle of your work..BOOM...big ad pops up, its the same as malware that I purchased this product to get rid of.

I have gotten in multiple times and my subscription, while not even close to expiring, WILL NOT BE RENEWED IF I SEE AD SPAM one more time.

There are too many providers of such software to deal with such a stupid approach to paying customers.

• There are too many providers of such software to deal with such a stupid approach to paying customers.

It happens with other AV programs as well, go read some of the complaints on the likes of Avast or AVG forums.

Having said that I haven't as yet had any ad pop-ups (touch wood) although I can understand it happening if you have the free version - there has to be some way of trying to recoup the cost of providing it - if you have paid for an AV program then they should be ad free. :)

• I received 2 such popups before switching to Norton. I still had months left on my BitDefender license but I didn't care: a non-obtrusive service was more important to me.

So far all is well. I don't even know Norton is running unless I specifically open its settings screen to do some fine-tuning.

I wrote about the issue on my blog and posted a thread on here, but BitDefender failed to get back to me and more importantly failed to stop the popups. So I left. I'd advise anyone else to do the same.

http://www.gareth-jones.co.uk/2013/08/28/b...rs-pop-up-spam/

This morning I received an email from Avangate telling me that my BitDefender subscription runs out in 1 month and that it is currently set to auto-renew. There was a link in the email for me to go and change that, so I did immediately. So now my expiry date will come and go with no effect to me, because I am now using a product that does not spam me more than the malware it's supposed to block.

• Hello, new poster. I have free bd for about a month after a repair of my XP install. Took off Avast.

This morning I too got a popup but it said bitdefender was DISABLED and I have to log on to proceed. No warning of expiration or request for registration.

Is this the same problem or a different one? I mistrust things that require me to log in and want my email etc.

Any advice?

Thanks,

David Avshalomov

• Hello, new poster. I have free bd for about a month after a repair of my XP install. Took off Avast.

This morning I too got a popup but it said bitdefender was DISABLED and I have to log on to proceed. No warning of expiration or request for registration.

Is this the same problem or a different one? I mistrust things that require me to log in and want my email etc.

Any advice?

Thanks,

David Avshalomov

I answered in your other topic.

• It happens with other AV programs as well, go read some of the complaints on the likes of Avast or AVG forums.

Having said that I haven't as yet had any ad pop-ups (touch wood) although I can understand it happening if you have the free version - there has to be some way of trying to recoup the cost of providing it - if you have paid for an AV program then they should be ad free. :)

That's what I was going to say. If you guys think THIS is bad, you should see Avira Antivirus free. Not only do you get good 'ole pop ups, they even make you install the freaken Ask.com toolbar! And that's know adware! So yeah, pops ups aren't actually that bad (at least by comparison).

Have you contacted Customer Support about this issue? You can email them from here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer.html

Let us know what they say. :)

• Steep
    edited February 2014
    That's what I was going to say. If you guys think THIS is bad, you should see Avira Antivirus free. Not only do you get good 'ole pop ups, they even make you install the freaken Ask.com toolbar! And that's know adware! So yeah, pops ups aren't actually that bad (at least by comparison).

With free software you expect to put up with spam but this is not free!

I went the Customer Services route 3 months ago, followed the instructions to raise a ticket and made the request to stop the bloody spam and it worked... until now, it's back again. Just as big, just as intrusive and 10 times more annoying because I've already asked them to bloody stop it!

I've been using Bitdefender for years but this is the last straw, I'm finished with them.

• Which pop-ups are you seeing, the ones offering a discount for renewal? I note that was your problem last time.

However, as you have been happy with Bitdefender for a long time sending in another customer service request would probably solve your problem.

• With free software you expect to put up with spam but this is not free!

I went the Customer Services route 3 months ago, followed the instructions to raise a ticket and made the request to stop the bloody spam and it worked... until now, it's back again. Just as big, just as intrusive and 10 times more annoying because I've already asked them to bloody stop it!

I've been using Bitdefender for years but this is the last straw, I'm finished with them.

Actually, Avira Internet Security (premium paid product) also makes you install the Ask.com toolbar (which is known adware). That's originally why I switched to Bitdefender. It just goes to show you can't trust anyone these days. :rolleyes:

• Had these every day this week. This company has nothing but contempt for its users. I'm struggling to think of another PAID software product that installs adware onto its users' computers then spams them with garbage. The amazing thing is that it must work. Some people must be so stupid that they go, "Duh, OK, seeing as you just spammed me I'll buy another year's subscription!"

• direwolf1973
    edited March 2014
    This is an example

63iPT.jpg

This is precisely the same advertisement that I'm seeing as well. It happens about once per days, and it's getting extremely annoying. I have 117 days left on my paid license for BitDefender "Internet Security". I did just recently reinstall Windows and all of my software, including BitDefender of course. I was not seeing this advert prior to reinstalling.

I sent in a support ticket yesterday through the BitDefender client Help & Support system, but they haven't replied to it yet. I sent another one tonight just for good measure. But I won't put up with these disruptions for long. If they can't or won't fix this inside of a week, then I'll have to uninstall BitDefender, and I'll very likely disable my subscription.

This discussion has been closed.