Antivirus Settings

After I set the antivirus settings, I leave the set-up screen and it stays, but the moment I run the full-system scan and I go back to check the antivirus settings but it's changed to something completely different. My question is: How do you make it so that the settings only change when you change it manually?

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013

Hello alphalobo1,

The behaviour you indicate is a FaD (functions as designed).

Please be informed that it's normal for the Bitdefender on-access scanning to change the settings to custom while performing a scan. This happens because the scan can not start on a file that is already scanned by the on-access scanning.

Please feel free to reply with any other questions or concerns.

Hope you have a beautiful day ahead!

• I have the same enqury. After installing BIS 2014 and cheching all the settngs/options, the Active Virus Control is set to ON.

After I close the GUI, I then find that the Active Virus Control is set to OFF with no way of turning it back on. Why cant I turn it back ON?

VOQNrJRl.png

Also, in the Firewall advaced settings, the Intrusion Detection System is turned OFF by defualt, If I turn it on, later when I go back to the setting, is is tourned OFF. Am I still protected while IDS is turned OFF? Again why does it turn itself off all the time?

IIXJR1Al.png

Thanks!

• Robot
    edited October 2013
    post-110328-1383099169_thumb.pngpost-110328-1383098669_thumb.png

post-110328-1383098812_thumb.png

• I did a uninstall/reinstall of BDIS and those 2 settings were set to ON, when I did the initial database update, I had to reboot my pc.

Then those same switches were set to OFF position and again I cannot toggle the Active Virus Control. Is this a bug or by design

Also the Intrusion Detection System always turns itself OFF after multiple attemtos of turning in on.

Can someone explain why? thanks!

• @Shinigami - Normal behaviour (autopilot mode) is that AVC and IDS are on by default. IDS in passive mode.

I notice from your screenshots that you may be running this program on a notebook powered by battery? If so, try temporarily turning off automatic laptop mode in Bitdefender and see if that makes any difference. It shouldn't but it might be the cause.

• No, I am on a desktop pc, Win 7 64bit

• Have you switch off the Automatic updates on your PC? Hope it helps.

• Hello alphalobo1,

The behaviour you indicate is a FaD (functions as designed).

Please be informed that it's normal for the Bitdefender on-access scanning to change the settings to custom while performing a scan. This happens because the scan can not start on a file that is already scanned by the on-access scanning.

Please feel free to reply with any other questions or concerns.

Hope you have a beautiful day ahead!

Georgia, I understand your explanation, but will the setting return to Normal (default) at some point or will it stay Custom all the time?