Stalled At 46% Then At 64%

As usual with new releases I take precautions. I imaged my hard drive then proceeded to install the latest version of Bitdefender. I used the "New uninstall tool" and proceeded to install the new version. As usual, it failed justlike 2012 and 2013. It stalled out at 46% and sat there for 3 hours. So I ran the "New" uninstall program again, rebooted and the second time it made it to 64%. I thought that was odd since 64 is 46 backwards...lol

So, rather than try again I restored the image I made earlier (Something I recommend to anyone trying to install any new version of BD) and now I'm back to BDAV2013. I tried both the online installer and the standalone offline installer. Both did the same thing.

Now I wait for a new release and I'll try it again. This gets tiring. But when it works, it's still the best I've found for windows. Just thought I'd let you know...

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi shpshftr,

Thank you for sharing your experience here.

Could you let me know if the process hangs at the scan part? If so, download the full kit to that machine, unplug the internet cable and start again the installation. Wait for the installation to finish and only then reconnect to internet. This time should work.

Otherwise, a support tool log could give me more information on what happened:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=195602

I am waiting for your answer. Thank you.

• Hi shpshftr,

Thank you for sharing your experience here.

Could you let me know if the process hangs at the scan part? If so, download the full kit to that machine,

<snip>

Hi Georgia,

Thanks for the fast response.

It hangs on the install, the scan completes with no problem. I already tried the Full Kit offline with exactly the same result as I stated in my first post. This time I made sure my video driver was up-to-date which fixed the 2013 install I did 8-9 months ago, this time, no go. I even uninstalled MWBytes and my firewall software just for fun...still no go.

I tried the support tool as well and it hangs at 79%. hahahaha I'll just wait till later ok? Post a new Full Kit link when you want me to try it again. Without pay, 2 hours on an install is the maximum time I can justify to do your troubleshooting for you. :-)

I am running Win7 32bit i7, 4gb ram, MSI 550Ti Geforce video card

Thanks again,

shpshftr <out>

• Hello shpshftr,

I would like to add that new installation kits have been compiled at the beginning of this month.

Please delete all the Bitdefender installation files/kits that you previously downloaded and save the new one from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

Remember, the download links are the same, but the build versions embedded in those kits are different now.

Let me know how that goes. I will be waiting for your feedback.