[fixed in 17.25] Wallet/chrome Incompatibility

Hello and happy new year!

This year I decided to buy Bitdfender Antivirus Plus which comes with Wallet. I very nice feature I have to say. Very nice if it would work as promised to work.

Wallet seems not to do anything with chrome Version 32.0.1700.72 m (I can't say for previous versions cause I have this one which is the latest in the time of writing)

no autologins no anything.

Could you please provide me your feedback? Please let me know in case you need more information

Comments

• Pankar, open google chrome, then enter in the address bar chrome://plugins and tick "Bitdefender Password Manager NPAPI Plugin" always allow.
  • Had the same problem, solution Wasp works!! Thanks!

• Had the same problem, solution Wasp works!! Thanks!

Thanks for a great solution , but It must have been activated by default :(

• Pankar, open google chrome, then enter in the address bar chrome://plugins and tick "Bitdefender Password Manager NPAPI Plugin" always allow.

I tried this but the plugin isn't there. It was working before. It asked me to login at logon and works in ie but doesn't store the password in chrome.

Could it be something to do with this -----> http://www.pcworld.com/article/2049309/chr...y-concerns.html

• Hello.

The issue is caused by the current Bitdefender Wallet plug-in based on the NNAPI architecture.

The following article is well worth a read:

http://blog.chromium.org/2013/09/saying-go...iend-npapi.html

• Hiya,

The latest Bitdefender update lists the problem of Chrome and Wallet not working as having being solved. Check to ensure your product it up to date.

• Hiya,

The latest Bitdefender update lists the problem of Chrome and Wallet not working as having being solved. Check to ensure your product it up to date.

Hello.

Thanks for posting.

I did a repair of the Bitdefender installation, and it now works as expected in Chrome 33. It seems the issue was my Bitdefender s/w was installed when I was using Chrome 32. I then switched to Chrome 33 and had the problem mentioned earlier. I already had the latest Bitdefender version installed.

The repaired installation seemed to pick up Chrome 33, and the plugin is now listed on chrome://plugins/ and is enabled.

Thanks for the assistance :)

• Great! Glad it is all sorted out. :D

• Yeah, the repair worked for me for awhile, now it is gone again.

• @ ajhoward.au

The Bitdefender build number should be 17.25.0.1074

Please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". Tell us the number you see.

Thank you.

• Hey guys....just installed Bitdefender, configured my wallet, but after 3-4 minutes the wallet extension went missing from google chrome, therefore useless. Did anyone of you encounter this issue? Reinstalled chrome and bitdefender...still no luck.