[won't fix] Bitdefender Incompatible With Asus Motherboard Software

2»

Comments

• Hello BD Team,

I will try to get this thread back on top because I'm also affected by this issue. My new rig also crashed on 18.01.2014 as I tried to install BD IS 2014 with active AI Suite III. I first thought I have a bad HW component and after some spent hours, I found the topics on the internet.

Regards,

GEK

• Hello everyone,

In some cases, one might encounter difficulties when trying to install Bitdefender on a computer that is also running the ASUS AI Suite software (the computer might freeze or a BSOD might appear).

This is due to the ASUS "WinpkFilter LightWeight Filter", which prevents the installation of some Bitdefender drivers under Microsoft specifications.

We're contacting the ASUS team to let them know about the situation.

As a workaround, we recommend uninstalling the ASUS AI Suite software and then installing Bitdefender. The installation process should run smoothly.

Should you encounter issues during this process, please contact us via:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/

Have a great day!

• Hello everyone,

In some cases, one might encounter difficulties when trying to install Bitdefender on a computer that is also running the ASUS AI Suite software (the computer might freeze or a BSOD might appear).

This is due to the ASUS "WinpkFilter LightWeight Filter", which prevents the installation of some Bitdefender drivers under Microsoft specifications.

We're contacting the ASUS team to let them know about the situation.

As a workaround, we recommend uninstalling the ASUS AI Suite software and then installing Bitdefender. The installation process should run smoothly.

Should you encounter issues during this process, please contact us via:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/

Have a great day!

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Is there a solution to quick scan freezing with asus suite?

Thanks

• Hello neomage,

The issue regarding the Quick Scan process is generated by the same component from that suite.

Right now, the only workaround is to actually uninstall the program before installing Bitdefender:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/install...oduct-1149.html

Thank you in advance for understanding.

• Hi,

I also Have the same issue.

I bought Bitdefender Total Security to replace my Norton 360 only yesterday.

First uninstalled Norton 360, then tried installing BD for several times - PC freezes on 1%, so I left it yesterday thinking will try again today after work. And now I found this thread...

I also have ASUS motherboard Sabertooth Z87 and am using AI suite III for monitoring my PC performance.

Would be grateful if there would be a cure for this issue or otherwise I'm going to move to different AV. Generally do not want all the hassle claiming money back etc. but if it doesn't work with my motherboard then I have no choice left. I do not mind uninstalling and reinstalling AI suite III if it helps, but as I can read in this thread Quick scan freezes PC again.

Should I log the ticket?

• Kramage
    Kramage ✭✭✭

Is there any news on the Asus AI Suite III incompatibility? I tried to install the trial version of BD Total Security today on my new computer with an Asus Z87-A motherboard, but it refused to install without removing AI Suite III and I'm not willing to do that. Bitdefender runs great on my other computer and I really want to buy it, but unless this incompatibility is fixed soon, I'm going to have to look elsewhere.

• I'm setting up a new build with an Asus Z87-C, i7-4770 and ran into the same freezing/BSOD issues when trying to install BD 2014 IS Value Pack. Prior to installing BD, I updated all Asus drivers & BIOS to latest available from their website.

This worked for me; your mileage may vary.

I exited AI Suite 3 in the System Tray and was able to install BD without incident. After reboot, AI Suite restarted, along with BD, and no issues so far. Following this, I just downloaded a large BD update so maybe that has helped?

• Hi,

Having issues with trying to install BTS on my windows 8 64 bit pc. It freezes almost immediately upon attempting to install and I get an error message stating "Clock Watchdog Timeout" which is another way of saying BSOD.

My system is a new build so has no other anti virus etc installed. I have tried installing via the offline method but still with the same result with an almost instant freeze. All of my windows updates are up to date and I have even tried halting windows defender but alas.................

Please please help me as I'm so frustrated with this problem and seem to be just going around in circles with attempting to install and then using the uninstall tool before yet again of trying to install!

Cheers,

John

I have an ASUS Z87-A ATX LGA1150 with AI Suite 3 installed.

When I installed BD 2015 it asked me to uninstall AI Suite 3 before installation, which i did.

After installation i re-installed AI Suite 3.

After that whenever i tried to scan or quick scan system would hang.

Uninstalling AI Suite 3 "solved" the problem.

Would be nice if this conflict were resolved.

• I have an ASUS Z87-A ATX LGA1150 with AI Suite 3 installed.

When I installed BD 2015 it asked me to uninstall AI Suite 3 before installation, which i did.

After installation i re-installed AI Suite 3.

After that whenever i tried to scan or quick scan system would hang.

Uninstalling AI Suite 3 "solved" the problem.

Would be nice if this conflict were resolved.

I went back to my old subscription at zone alarm and installed ai suite3. then i noticed that my system wasn't running as quickly.

got rid of za and ai suite3 and reinstalled BD2015 and things are a lot peppier now.

i am happy with BD and its low footprint on my performance landscape so i have decided to go with BD and forgo ai suite3.

besides, most of the ai suite3 functions can be set in cmos.

i like the wallet and dedicated web browser for my financial transactions.

also i like that usb drives can be scanned automatically but i wonder if this does anything for the bad usb problem.

• I went back to my old subscription at zone alarm and installed ai suite3. then i noticed that my system wasn't running as quickly.

HI wONKEyeYes,

Maybe ai suite3 slows down a bit? on french forum, I can find trouble messages with overclocking too. Do you overclock? You can do a clear c-mos to reset everything... You get rid off the software? good, the less we install, the fewer problems we get... but check with Ccleaner you got rid off the complete soft. Sometimes, some files stay in the system. :unsure:

i like that usb drives can be scanned automatically but i wonder if this does anything for the bad usb problem.

What do you call a bad usb problem?

The usb port is not detected? -> you have to check in the BIOS... peripherals... USB... enable.

One usb key is not detected?If you have a conflict with the usb key, you could format it.

Regards,

L.