"no Devices Found" For Child's Profile

PhilipsTen
edited January 2022 in Parental Control

I installed Bitdefender Total Security on a Windows 8.1 laptop, and downloaded Parental Control. When I create a profile for my daughter, under Choose devices for this profile, it shows "No devices found". I've tried running "Install on new device" again, but it tells me Parental Control is already installed. If I use the whitelist/blacklist settings to block a site using the profile I created for my daughter and then log in to her account, the site is not blocked. How do I get the laptop recognized by Parental Control and listed in the Choose devices list?

Comments

• You need to create a limited user account first then logout, login to Administrator account and make the changes from there. smile2.png

I did create the limited account first, and I'm configuring the parental controls using my account (which has administrator privileges).

• I did create the limited account first, and I'm configuring the parental controls using my account (which has administrator privileges).

Still doesn't work ... anyone have any idea why the PC I installed BitDefender and the Parental Controls on, does not show up in the "Choose devices" list for the child's account?

• Still doesn't work ... anyone have any idea why the PC I installed BitDefender and the Parental Controls on, does not show up in the "Choose devices" list for the child's account?

Hi PhilipsTen,

Maybe... after rourkem's advice, you could reboot the system once, will it take the change in account by now?

Everytime I modify a password in a soft at the office, I am told to wait for a few minutes or to reboot twice... <_<

Regards

L.

• On 5/1/2014 at 12:13 PM, Lionet said:

Hi PhilipsTen,

Maybe... after rourkem's advice, you could reboot the system once, will it take the change in account by now?

Everytime I modify a password in a soft

Vidmate iTunes Notepad++ at the office, I am told to wait for a few minutes or to reboot twice... <_</uploads/emoticons/default_dry.png" />

Regards

L.

I've tried running "Install on new device" again, but it tells me Parental Control is already installed. If I use the whitelist/blacklist settings to block a site using the profile I created for my daughter and then log in to her account, the site is not blocked. How do I get the laptop recognized by Parental Control and listed in the Choose devices list?