Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trustedinstaller Error 57 In Firewall Log

Options

Product: Bitdefender Total Security

Other Security Software: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, SUPERAntiSpyware Professional Edition

Bitdefender doesn't automatically create a rule for TrustedInstaller. The following shows up in the "Network Activity" -> "Show Log":

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 - c:\windows\servicing\trustedinstaller.exe failed. Error: 57.

I had to add the rule myself. This is weird as this is the .exe that exhibits this behavior according to the log.

Comments

• Nesivos
    Options

Product: Bitdefender Total Security

Other Security Software: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, SUPERAntiSpyware Professional Edition

Bitdefender doesn't automatically create a rule for TrustedInstaller. The following shows up in the "Network Activity" -> "Show Log":

[bDFWCORE] Open process 4294967295 - c:\windows\servicing\trustedinstaller.exe failed. Error: 57.

I had to add the rule myself. This is weird as this is the .exe that exhibits this behavior according to the log.

See this thread from the forum in Mar 2013

Tons Of Firewall Log Errors Failed. Error: 57. Error C0000225.

• kc6108
    Options

Trustedinstaller was failing until I allowed it through the firewall.

Again, so far this is the only application that hasn't automatically been allowed access (rule created).

Is Bitdefender intentionally doing this by design so it can determine Windows updates instead?