Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Double Billing

About 2 months before my subscription ran out I kept getting pop ups for Bitdefender for $29. So I ordered it. Now I get a statement from my

Bank saying you took an additional $49.95 to renew.

I never gave anyone permission to renew my subscription. I have been told that it is in small print , which by the way is a terrible way to do business.

Now I can't talk t anyone about getting my money back. I call the number and I get Romania. I talked to someone and told them I do

not want auto renewal. Supposedly they fixed that . But I can not verify that. And how do I get my $49.95 back?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hello dukesnider,

Sadly auto-renewal is usually an opt out choice you must make with many of the payment schemes, if you don't it will be automatically charged. :(

If you paid through Bitdefender have you tried sending in an e-mail contact? Bitdefender should then get back to you and sort something out. If you paid via one of their partner sales groups you will have to contact them.

Email: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

• About 2 months before my subscription ran out I kept getting pop ups for Bitdefender for $29. So I ordered it. Now I get a statement from my

Bank saying you took an additional $49.95 to renew.

I never gave anyone permission to renew my subscription. I have been told that it is in small print , which by the way is a terrible way to do business.

Now I can't talk t anyone about getting my money back. I call the number and I get Romania. I talked to someone and told them I do

not want auto renewal. Supposedly they fixed that . But I can not verify that. And how do I get my $49.95 back?

Thank god I wasn't the only one this happened to. For me I got an email about renewing early and a deal to upgrade to Sphere, so I figured since I loved the product I would do that. I didn't realize that by doing that it gave me a new license key for which I paid for and then when my old one expired they screwed me over by renewing that one too. So basically NEVER EVER EVER renew early or you will get double charged. I'm still waiting to see if I can get the second billing reversed, if not, lesson learned, and I'll just find a new product when this one runs out. It's a pretty terrible way to do business because you lose so many customers when you double bill them. It has to be related to the changes they've made to their product line and issuing new license keys when you renew manually.