Is There A Way?

Dusty_V
edited May 2014 in General

I may be stupid but is there a way to tell BD to not load at startup? I need to run some diagnostics & repair

tools that BD may think are bad. So, I need to not load at startup but load after I'm done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tnx,

Dusty

Comments

• I may be stupid but is there a way to tell BD to not load at startup? I need to run some diagnostics & repair

tools that BD may think are bad. So, I need to not load at startup but load after I'm done.

Tnx,

Dusty

Hmmm..I believe you cannot do that..

Why not make a system image and then uninstall BD. From there you can do whatever diags you need. After that recover the saved system image.

• I may be stupid but is there a way to tell BD to not load at startup? I need to run some diagnostics & repair

Tnx,

Dusty

Yes. same for any other program, use msconfig to set boot without BD, then when finished go back to msconfig and and set BD to load at at boot. Reboot your system.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    @ Dusty : if the tools are marked as infected by Bitdefender, you can temporary switch OFF the on-access scanning by going on Settings -> Antivirus -> Shield tab. Choose the amount of time necessary for you.