Bitdefender Killing Utorrent/bittorrent

Looks as though Bitdefender Active Virus Control is killing uTorrent. I have had the the same results with BitTorrent. Both are killed within an hour or so from starting them.

Here is what Windows Event Viewer shows for BitTorrent:

Faulting application name: BitTorrent.exe, version: 7.9.0.30751, time stamp: 0x5335e4db

Faulting module name: avcuf32.dll, version: 3.10.9020.5043, time stamp: 0x5335b3a2

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00009c89

Faulting process id: 0x1d78

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf5ca6fd93a2e7

Faulting application path: C:\Users\Joshua\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00232_002\avcuf32.dll

Report Id: 8208f88f-c8e1-11e3-8262-1c659d6e75fa

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

And for uTorrent:

Faulting application name: uTorrent.exe, version: 3.4.1.30740, time stamp: 0x5333ba2c

Faulting module name: avcuf32.dll, version: 3.10.9020.5043, time stamp: 0x5335b3a2

Faulting process id: 0x1d38

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf5c539ac62289

Faulting application path: C:\Users\Joshua\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00232_002\avcuf32.dll

Report Id: eb06a873-c895-11e3-8262-1c659d6e75fa

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Looks as though Bitdefender Active Virus Control is killing uTorrent. I have had the the same results with BitTorrent. Both are killed within an hour or so from starting them.

Here is what Windows Event Viewer shows for BitTorrent:

Faulting application name: BitTorrent.exe, version: 7.9.0.30751, time stamp: 0x5335e4db

Faulting process id: 0x1d78

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf5ca6fd93a2e7

Faulting application path: C:\Users\Joshua\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe

Report Id: 8208f88f-c8e1-11e3-8262-1c659d6e75fa

And for uTorrent:

Faulting application name: uTorrent.exe, version: 3.4.1.30740, time stamp: 0x5333ba2c

Faulting process id: 0x1d38

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf5c539ac62289

Faulting application path: C:\Users\Joshua\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

Report Id: eb06a873-c895-11e3-8262-1c659d6e75fa

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Does this happen everytime you use UTorrent or BitTorrent or have there been occasions when they are not killed?

Have there been occasions when uTorrent or BitTorrent have run for more than an hour without them getting killed?

Have you noticed if uTorrent and BitTorrent only get killed when when Windows is locked and the computer is inactive except for uTorrent or BitTorrent?

Is there a problem restarting uTorrent or BitTorrent without restarting Windows after they are killed?

A simple restart of uTorrent and BitTorrent should peform a file check of all active downloads and then continue downloading without a problem. Of course if you are away from the computer when it happens you lose download time.

Does it get killed during when files are actually downloading or after the torrent is fully seeded?

What OS are you using?

Thanks

• jmcbride1983
    edited April 2014

Does this happen everytime you use UTorrent or BitTorrent or have there been occasions when they are not killed? YES

Have there been occasions when uTorrent or BitTorrent have run for more than an hour without them getting killed? YES

Have you noticed if uTorrent and BitTorrent only get killed when when Windows is locked and the computer is inactive except for uTorrent or BitTorrent? Always locked as my PC locks after 15 minutes of inactivity

Is there a problem restarting uTorrent or BitTorrent without restarting Windows after they are killed? No, I just start them again and they run until BitDefender kills them again.

A simple restart of uTorrent and BitTorrent should peform a file check of all active downloads and then continue downloading without a problem. Of course if you are away from the computer when it happens you lose download time. TRUE

Does it get killed during when files are actually downloading or after the torrent is fully seeded? Usually after finished. I stop downloads from seeding once they are downloaded.

What OS are you using? Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

Also, the only reason I installed BitTorrent was to see if BitDefender killed it as well. I got the same results and these are the only 2 software that seems to be affected.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited April 2014
    Does this happen everytime you use UTorrent or BitTorrent or have there been occasions when they are not killed? YES

Have there been occasions when uTorrent or BitTorrent have run for more than an hour without them getting killed? YES

Have you noticed if uTorrent and BitTorrent only get killed when when Windows is locked and the computer is inactive except for uTorrent or BitTorrent? Always locked as my PC locks after 15 minutes of inactivity

Is there a problem restarting uTorrent or BitTorrent without restarting Windows after they are killed? No, I just start them again and they run until BitDefender kills them again.

A simple restart of uTorrent and BitTorrent should peform a file check of all active downloads and then continue downloading without a problem. Of course if you are away from the computer when it happens you lose download time. TRUE

Does it get killed during when files are actually downloading or after the torrent is fully seeded? Usually after finished. I stop downloads from seeding once they are running.

What OS are you using? Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

Also, the only reason I installed BitTorrent was to see if BitDefender killed it as well. I got the same results and these are the only 2 software that seems to be affected.

I think what is happening, you could check the BD Scan logs and match the scan times with the crash times is that BD might be starting an auto-scan and the auto-scan is killing uTorrent and BitTorret. You could possibly verify this by manually starting a System Scan while uTorrent or BitTorrent are running in the same state as when the uTorrent and BitTorrent crashes occur.

In anycase try putting an exception for uTorrent and BitTorrent in the BD AntiVirus section. Make sure to find all the uTorrent and BitTorrent folders to make the necessary exclusions. You could use a search tool, Windows or another search tool, to locate all of their locations.

If you are also using MBAM Pro 1.75 or MBAM Premium 2.0 MBAM will block attempted port attacks by uTorrent and BitTorrent in case you are worried about putting exceptions for uTorrent or BitTorrent in BD.

• I think what is happening, you could check the BD Scan logs and match the scan times with the crash times is that BD might be starting an auto-scan and the auto-scan is killing uTorrent and BitTorret. You could possibly verify this by manually starting a System Scan while uTorrent or BitTorrent are running in the same state as when the uTorrent and BitTorrent crashes occur.

In anycase try putting an exception for uTorrent and BitTorrent in the BD AntiVirus section. Make sure to find all the uTorrent and BitTorrent folders to make the necessary exclusions. You could use a search tool, Windows or another search tool, to locate all of their locations.

If you are also using MBAM Pro 1.75 or MBAM Premium 2.0 MBAM will block attempted port attacks by uTorrent and BitTorrent in case you are worried about putting exceptions for uTorrent or BitTorrent in BD.

I have already excluded uTorrent and BitTorrent from the scan BD scans, but for some reason it still kills them. Strange I know, but it is happening.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ jmcbride1983 If you are still dealing with this issue, please post here a support tool log to further investigate the case:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...t-log-1168.html

or

http://bitdefender.com/diagnostic

You may not be able to upload the BDSP_ log resulted on your Desktop here as it is too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com and post the download link.

Thank you!

• I am also having the same problem with Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 and uTorrent. uTorrent crashes in the middle of night when I'm not behind my PC.

I suspect that when I'm not present, bitdefender starts to scan and kills utorrent. Any solutions? What did you do?

• I installed bitdefender internet security 2014 and still the same problem. look at the pic

Around the same time utorrent crashed I have Vulnerability scan completed. Media autorun detected.

post-182970-1407103925_thumb.jpg

• Quick question please. Since the uTorrent folder is already excluded in the scan. Does this incude both Antivirus and Vulenrability scan? I'm asking because these are two different scans. 1.gif