Windows 7 64 Bit Updates Switches Off

Dear sir /madam ,

Please accept my regards and best wishes for a new version .I have been facing a unique problem since install of new version that is the windows 7 64 bit automatic updates seem to turn off by itself . I think this has something to do with the change in profile . Please investigate the matter and fix it as soon as possible.

regards

Dr Akhil

Comments

• Dear sir /madam ,

Please accept my regards and best wishes for a new version .I have been facing a unique problem since install of new version that is the windows 7 64 bit automatic updates seem to turn off by itself . I think this has something to do with the change in profile . Please investigate the matter and fix it as soon as possible.

regards

Dr Akhil

hello ,

On drilling a bit deeper into the settings ,I found that in game profile and work the windows updates are postponed . So the notification pops up :) .

thanks and regards

Dr Akhil

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

I have this problem as well, aggravated by the fact that when I open my browser (Pale Moon so it is not one of the "big three that get all the love") it goes into Game Mode, prompting the Windows Warning.

I will have to try running BD without profiles - sadly. :(

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Bitdefender 2015 provides the following profiles:

- Work profile

- Movie profile

- Game profile

According to your activity, besides the Bitdefender settings, the following system settings are applied when a profile is activated:

- Windows Automatic Updates are postponed

- Windows alerts and pop-ups are disabled

- Unnecessary background programs are suspended

- Visual effects are adjusted for best performance

- Maintenance tasks are postponed

- Power plan settings are adjusted

If you decide not to use Profiles, a default profile called Standard is enabled and it brings no optimization to your system.

• You can disable Windows' complaints about Windows Update from the Action Center in the Control Panel. Click on "Change Action Center Settings" (in the left pane) and uncheck Windows Update under Security Messages. This only disables Windows' complaints about auto updates being disabled, and has no impact on notifications such as new updates being available. This will allow BD to disable auto updates while profiles are active, without Windows generating messages about it, while still having auto updates proceed under the standard profile.

I've had this option in Action Center disabled since I upgraded to Windows 7 because it constantly complained that I was using the "Notify before downloading" option for Windows Updates instead of fully automated. I still receive systray notices every time there are new updates available, Action Center just doesn't always act like something is configured wrong.