Bitdefender Firewalkl Blocking Server 2012 Essentials R2 Connector

As per this post, the problem outlined below still applies with the Bitdefender 2015 firewall:

Bitdefender on a Windows 8.1 OS (x64) PC and linking it to Server 2012 Essentials R2 - does anyone know how to allow the connector through the firewall to allow a backup to take place?

No matter what I do the backup will run incredibly slowly unless I turn off the firewall completely and use the standard Windows forewall? (e.g. 8 hours plus compared to 40 minutes)

I've tried all the options I can see but alas nothing makes and difference.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Please post here a support tool log to further investigate the situation:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...t-log-1168.html

Reproduce the issue when running the diagnostic tool, to ensure it gathers the necessary logs.

We will analyze the information you send and then reply with a possible solution.

Thank you very much for your cooperation in this matter!

• Okay, I've re-enabled the firewall in Bitdefender Total Security 2015, disabled the Windows firewall, started the Server Essentials backup and have run the Support tool. During that process the backup has reached around 8% and then seems to stick and refuses to progress any further.

The log produced is 4.91Mb in size, which is greater that the allowed upload file size. Can you please advise another method of getting the log to you?

• tekguru
    tekguru
    edited August 2014

Guys as this was with reference to my ticket 2014062216200002 I've now sent a copy of the log to Bitdefender Support Center referencing this thread and the ticket.

• A further log file has been sent to the email address which was recorded at a later 32% sticking point in the backup.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

We will continue this conversation via email ticket ID 2014062216170001.

This discussion has been closed.