Can't Uninstall To Re-install

had a problem - bit def total 2014 malfunctioned, and now it gets stuck when I try to repair, at uninstall 0%, install 50%.

how do I fix this?

Comments

• had a problem - bit def total 2014 malfunctioned, and now it gets stuck when I try to repair, at uninstall 0%, install 50%.

how do I fix this?

start windows in safe mode and use the uninstall tool from here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...installTool.exe

• Trying to use CCleaner to remove Bitdefender will not make any difference and would possibly cause further problems on an already broken install. All the CCleaner uninstaller section does is run the same Bitdefender uninstaller that windows would have via the control panel. You would not get any further than you already have without using the removal tool in windows safe mode.

After running the removal tool in windows safe mode, only then would CCleaner be of any potential beneficial use. At that point you could clean up left over MUI registry entries with it.

• As an additional option, you can install a free application like Ccleaner and try using it to uninstall. I hope that helps you out. 1.gif

Do not follow this advice,it is the worst thing you could do. Use the uninstall tool from Bitdefender as suggested by antikythera .