Uninstall Tool?

Is there ever going to be a Bitdefender 2015 uninstall tool, or are we going to have to use 2014 uninstall instead?

Thanks,

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

The work on the uninstall tool for Bitdefender 2015 is still in progress. We will post a link to it as soon as it's available.

In the meantime, we recommend uninstalling Bitdefender 2015 from Control Panel, just like you would do with any other installed software.

• Hello,

The work on the uninstall tool for Bitdefender 2015 is still in progress. We will post a link to it as soon as it's available.

In the meantime, we recommend uninstalling Bitdefender 2015 from Control Panel, just like you would do with any other installed software.

My control panel has not allowed me to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security 2015. I tried to restore my computer to an earlie point and it would not completely restore because of Bitdefender. I need to get this trial version off.

suespie471

• For what it's worth, I was successful in uninstalling BIS 2015 using the current BD uninstall tool:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...installTool.exe

• It's a media PC with Win8.1 and XBMC; desktop is visible so I click the button on my remote to open XBMC, it opens then goes back to the desktop so that pointless Bitdefender popup can be displayed. I have to press the remote again to get it back. The same stupid message comes up on my desktop after login.

To be honest I don't care how it's happening; the popup doesn't need to be there and should be removed.

Nothing I am doing can delete bitdefender total security 2015 from my control panel. Help!!!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Indeed, if the uninstall process fails, you can use the Bitdefender 2014 uninstall tool.

• suespie471
    edited July 2014

I am unable to uninstall my trial version of Bitdefender 15 total Security. I am unable to speak to someone who speaks English. I am unable to use any of your uninstall tools. I know how to uninstall and have never had this problem. Please help.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hiya suespie,

I think you are in the wrong thread here, but to answer your question, what happens when you run the uninstall from Control Panel>Programs and Features?

Ro.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    I am unable to uninstall my trial version of Bitdefender 15 total Security. I am unable to speak to someone who speaks English. I am unable to use any of your uninstall tools. I know how to uninstall and have never had this problem. Please help.

Please refer to the this post in case you have missed the above messages:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=219122

Thank you!

• suespie471
    edited September 2014
    Hiya suespie,

I think you are in the wrong thread here, but to answer your question, what happens when you run the uninstall from Control Panel>Programs and Features?

Ro.

Thanks for answerering. Nothing happens. It never functioned, I cant remove it the traditional way plus 2 other ways. I was at the library and someone had sent me go to uninstall tool 14 to use for 15. When that appeared on screen I was so excicited. I dont get anything form Bitdefender. Even when I have emailed them 3 times they hve not answered. I want the total Bitdefenter Total Security 15 off my computer. I am 67 & do not know how to do this.

Thanks,

• suespie471
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for answerering. Nothing happens. It never functioned, I cant remove it the traditional way plus 2 other ways. I was at the library and someone had sent me go to uninstall tool 14 to use for 15. When that appeared on screen I was so excicited. I dont get anything form Bitdefender. Even when I have emailed them 3 times they hve not answered. I want the total Bitdefenter Total Security 15 off my computer. I am 67 & do not know how to do this.

Thanks,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It removed Bitdefender from the control panel, its gone but it stipp shows when you click all programs. Many thanks again for your help.

Susan

• The Bitdefender 2015 Uninstall Tool(s) have been added to the webpage: http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/unins...sumer_paid.html

• Hello,

If anyone else is reading this topic, here is a direct download link for Bitdefender 2015 uninstall tool - it also removes older Bitdefender products:

After running this tool click on 'Uninstall', then restart the computer when prompted.

• Hello,

If anyone else is reading this topic, here is a direct download link for Bitdefender 2015 uninstall tool - it also removes older Bitdefender products:

After running this tool click on 'Uninstall', then restart the computer when prompted.

Hi! I don't know if I am in the good thread for my problem... just let me know if I have to post somewhere else!

So, I got a free one year license for BD total security 2015 that I installed on my windows 8 64 bits laptop... as I got problems of boot time and bsod, I decided to uninstall it and reinstall later... I used the new tool to uninstall... Uninstall was ok until I tried to connect to internet! I could not connect with my dongles... checking the device manager I saw 3 WAN network adapters with an exclamation mark and code error 31... I did a system restore... no more WAN adapters and internet connection fine! The problem was that I had to reinstall BD because of course the system restore did not restore it properly. In order to reinstall I had to re-use the uninstall tool to remove all traces from the previous install... Once uninstall, again the WAN problems were back... I tried to uninstall these wan adapters, I cannot!!!

So what? Am I OBLIGED to use BD in order to get rid of these adapters and get back my internet connection?

Now I'm thinking not to reinstall BD because I hate that someone obliges me to use a software! So how can I get rid of these wan adapters installed by BD but never uninstalled??? Thanks for any solution!