Total Security 2013 And Total Security...

I have two systems running. My license for Total Security ends in 500+ days. I have been using Bitdefender since 2012.

1. Why is my desktop showing (top left) BitDefender Total Security?

2. Why is my laptop showing (top left) BitDefender Total Security 2013?

Shouldn't they both say the same thing? Shouldn't they really be showing Total Security 2015?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Comments

• I have two systems running. My license for Total Security ends in 500+ days. I have been using Bitdefender since 2012.

1. Why is my desktop showing (top left) BitDefender Total Security?

2. Why is my laptop showing (top left) BitDefender Total Security 2013?

Shouldn't they both say the same thing? Shouldn't they really be showing Total Security 2015?

Thanks for everyone's help.

No, they will show whatever you have installed on each system.

The upgrade to new versions is done manually, not automatically.

You need to uninstall the old versions and update to the new.

• vpnavy
    edited August 2014
    No, they will show whatever you have installed on each system.

The upgrade to new versions is done manually, not automatically.

You need to uninstall the old versions and update to the new.

One quick question - so, since I am good for 500 more days - can I assume I download total Security 2015 and that will work?

If so - do I download the "trial" version and it will know I have a license?

Thanks!

• Hiya,

Download and start installing the 2015 version from here -

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=54672

It will ask if you want to uninstall the previous version, say yes, you will have to reboot and then when the new version installs you should be good to go (although have your existing license key to hand just in case it asks). :)

• Hiya,

Download and start installing the 2015 version from here -

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=54672

It will ask if you want to uninstall the previous version, say yes, you will have to reboot and then when the new version installs you should be good to go (although have your existing license key to hand just in case it asks). :)

THANKS!!!! I just went through the process (it sure looks different). The uninstall and install went great. I opened it up and it is now updating - thanks a bunch for your help.

This discussion has been closed.