Total Security 2015 And World Of Warcraft

So I had Total security 2014 for a long time, Without any issues.

When I installed Total security 2015 is when the problems started.

So when I open World of Warcraft, It quickly minimizes and every time I try to open it from the Task bar icon It just minimizes instantly, even though It's open.

Next, My addon don't work. I have several addons for the game installed, and when Im eventually able to get in game none of the addons are working, but they are enabled.

WoW only runs correctly when i completely un-install Total Security 2015. What is causing this?

Help! Thanks :)

Comments

• Tiernagan
    edited August 2014

Hello There,

I have the same problem. I tried the new function that bitdefender detects what you are doining (profiles).

Turned that on and off. Did not work. Also turned auto protect on and off. Still nothing.

Uninstalled everything and am back to old version. When supscription ends, have to switch to antivirus that does not have a problem with wow :(.

Greetings,

John.

• It's super annoying. I really like Bitdefender so not being able to use it is quite a bummer.

It's the only Anti-virus i have found that does this

• Since installing BD Total Security 2015 I have experienced problems with the Racing Sim - Assetto Corsa. Loading times are up and my racing wheel fails to connect. It was fine with BD TS 2014. I hope this is only a temporary thing ...

• Since installing BD Total Security 2015 I have experienced problems with the Racing Sim - Assetto Corsa. Loading times are up and my racing wheel fails to connect. It was fine with BD TS 2014. I hope this is only a temporary thing ...

I removed BD TS 2015 and reinstalled BD TS 2014 and problems are gone. I hope BitDefender sort out what is wrong with the 2015 product soon ...

• So I had Total security 2014 for a long time, Without any issues.

When I installed Total security 2015 is when the problems started.

So when I open World of Warcraft, It quickly minimizes and every time I try to open it from the Task bar icon It just minimizes instantly, even though It's open.

Next, My addon don't work. I have several addons for the game installed, and when Im eventually able to get in game none of the addons are working, but they are enabled.

WoW only runs correctly when i completely un-install Total Security 2015. What is causing this?

Help! Thanks :)

You could try this - (I have had the same problem with Bitdefender Internet security 1014):

* Click [start]

* Find wow folder in folder list

* Find the wow.exe or the file that has the shortcut on the taskbar.

* Right click

* Remove from Taskbar

Now you can either try to replace it in taskbar or simply run a shortcut copied to your desktop (I have all shortcuts in a folder called shortcuts stored on desktop - easy to find and use)

• I confirm that this has started happening to me too. All was fine until I upgraded from Internet Security 2014 to Internet Security 2015. World of warcraft will minimise to the taskbar and will not run in fullscreen mode - needs to be set to windowed. Affecting other users too: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13681698093.