Antivirus "kills" Ctxfihlp.exe All The Time!

BluePT
edited August 2014 in Antivirus

Bitdefender "think" the file CTXFIHLP.EXE (installed by my Creative SoundBlaster sound card) is a vírus! I put the file on the exception list,

but the registry key to run the driver located in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"

is always deleted and on next reboot the driver doesn't be loaded. This driver is essential to operate the creative hardware panel of some soundblaster models!!!

CTXFIHLP.EXE is not a vírus!!! :ph34r: How to protect the registry key from being deleted all the time?? Thanks!

Comments

• Bitdefender "think" the file CTXFIHLP.EXE (installed by my Creative SoundBlaster sound card) is a vírus! I put the file on the exception list,

but the registry key to run the driver located in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"

is always deleted and on next reboot the driver doesn't be loaded. This driver is essential to operate the creative hardware panel of some soundblaster models!!!

CTXFIHLP.EXE is not a vírus!!! :ph34r: How to protect the registry key from being deleted all the time?? Thanks!

If you have a false positive you should follow the instructions here >> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=50195

• Or another option for you. How about if you set Bitdefender so that it will ask you first before deleting or quarantine a file? This way, you can be sure that there will be no automatic changes. 1.gif

• Or another option for you. How about if you set Bitdefender so that it will ask you first before deleting or quarantine a file? This way, you can be sure that there will be no automatic changes. 1.gif

Where is this option? I'm searching it for days now.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ BluePT

Please send us a sample of your driver or a direct download link for it to analyze it.

@ Seldon

Open up Bitdefender, click on Protection, then go to Antivirus. On the Shield tab click Modify. Go to Actions tab. This is where you can choose the actions taken by your antivirus.

• @ Seldon

Open up Bitdefender, click on Protection, then go to Antivirus. On the Shield tab click Modify. Go to Actions tab. This is where you can choose the actions taken by your antivirus.

Thanks for your reply :). Just tested it with the EICAR test file. Unfortunately there is no option "ask me first", but quarantine seems reasonable enough.