How To Monitor Bandwidth In Bdts 2015 ? Some1 Help

atagamer
edited August 2014 in Firewall

hi

bandwidth and usage Monitoring in where & which menu ?? !!! :unsure:

TnX

Comments

• Hi. Looks like packets sent and received are just blank. What version is this? Can you also make sure that it's up to date? 1.gif

• atagamer
    edited August 2014
    Hi. Looks like packets sent and received are just blank. What version is this? Can you also make sure that it's up to date? 1.gif

hi

cuz wifi is OFF/ Pics for BDTS 2014, and I can see my sent and received, BUT in BDTS 2015 I can not find that Options !!!!

• They don't exist anymore, removed along with basically any other option anyone who has any clue as to what they want to do with their computer may find in any way useful. And they will not be readded. Because, you know, the point is to have another piece of software that controls your computer without your knowledge or consent.

Funny, I thought security suites were designed specifically to block those, not to act as malware themselves.

• They don't exist anymore, removed along with basically any other option anyone who has any clue as to what they want to do with their computer may find in any way useful. And they will not be readded. Because, you know, the point is to have another piece of software that controls your computer without your knowledge or consent.

Funny, I thought security suites were designed specifically to block those, not to act as malware themselves.

SRY.what U mean ?? !!!

• SRY.what U mean ?? !!!

I mean I'm ###### at them.

The simple answer to your question is that you can't find those functions anymore because they no longer exist, and will not be added back.

• IDK whats the problem with Bitdefender....they just removed PARANOID MODE, NETWORK ACTIVITY & BANDWIDTH MONITOR from 2015 versions....however on users request they'll implement paranoid mode but not the other two.

Im suspicious about it too....Georgia mentioned its for their technical purpose only LOL

• IDK whats the problem with Bitdefender....they just removed PARANOID MODE, NETWORK ACTIVITY & BANDWIDTH MONITOR from 2015 versions....however on users request they'll implement paranoid mode but not the other two.

Im suspicious about it too....Georgia mentioned its for their technical purpose only LOL

Fits their long-term trend though. Old-time users may still remember when you had "prompt" as possible action to take in case an infected or suspicious file was found, firewall prompts had a checkbox to decide whether that answer will apply only to that connection or be set as a rule for that program, and way back said firewall prompts also had some pulldowns to allow the user to quickly set the parameters of the rule if one was created (such as apply only to connections to/from same host or using the same port). But since then they keep giving users every reason to be suspicious about their actual motives, making a program that increasingly controls computers on its own without letting users make choices or even monitor what's happening.

• Fits their long-term trend though. Old-time users may still remember when you had "prompt" as possible action to take in case an infected or suspicious file was found, firewall prompts had a checkbox to decide whether that answer will apply only to that connection or be set as a rule for that program, and way back said firewall prompts also had some pulldowns to allow the user to quickly set the parameters of the rule if one was created (such as apply only to connections to/from same host or using the same port). But since then they keep giving users every reason to be suspicious about their actual motives, making a program that increasingly controls computers on its own without letting users make choices or even monitor what's happening.

yeahh....New trend of Install&Forget to increase market value

• Well, the value install&forget stuff has for me is precisely zero if it's anything important.

• I mean I'm ###### at them.

The simple answer to your question is that you can't find those functions anymore because they no longer exist, and will not be added back.

:mellow::blink: :blink:

• k7buc
    edited September 2014

Yes, we really need to see what is happening at the firewall. Its a security issue!

Here are just SOME of Bitdefender's network connections...we wonder why all the traffic every few seconds? To all these servers? A new connection with answer from the server every 15 seconds! Is this really necessary?

see attachment

post-183484-1409877367_thumb.png

It is apparently all TCP traffic to port 80 (http). My border router security system does not like this at all, as it looks like seccenter.exe and bdagent.exe are infected. They are not, of course.

We need to be able to see this kind of thing right in the firewall.

BD Internet Security 2015 is a good product, it catches the bad stuff, but hiding the details from those who need them (most of us) is not a good direction.

Yes, we can use 3rd party products to see it all (which is what I do) but we should not have to load up all those programs.

Please, BD developers, give us the tools!

Thanks

• ...And, those servers are all over the world.

Romania, Germany, New York, California.

We should be able to choose our server, and remove this polling stuff. I set my client to update every 4 hours. But, it is looking every 15 seconds anyhow!

So the question is: Can I block all but the US servers in my router? This at least would cut down the traffic upstream to my ISP until the software gets fixed.

-Del