[request] Add User Interaction On "infect"

knuddelz
edited August 2014 in Antivirus

Why does Bitdefender have no user interaction of any way when it finds an "infection". This is not tolerable and after 2 years of using your product, I wont buy another licence, just because of this.

Your Antivirus software destroys like every 2nd month or so some programs installation, because it randomly deletes files which aren't infected at all, or totally messes up the NTFS rights for the file.

Any normal Antivirus software has at least an option for an interaction pop-up, what the software should do (delete, move to Quarantine, do nothing/add exception).

I've changed the behavior to move to Quarantine for now, but this isn't an option. I want to decide my self what the software should do, and add exception for files, where I know it's a false alarm for sure. And sadly, false alarms happen way too often with Bitdefender...

Also, stop spamming users who bought a licence with offers and adds every two days. And add a download link on your site, it's ridiculous how you cant download your products on your servers and have to go to cnet or other hosts, just because you have bad web design and want to bombard users with offers and 14days trials.

Comments

• I think you need to set it up first on what to do when it detects a false positive. Check below. 1.gif

http://forum.bitdefender.com/lofiversion/i...php/t44465.html

• knuddelz
    edited August 2014
    I think you need to set it up first on what to do when it detects a false positive. Check below. 1.gif

http://forum.bitdefender.com/lofiversion/i...php/t44465.html

Aehm, excuse me? Did you read what this was all about? Bitdfender lacks a fourth option for "user interaction". There are just Delete, move to Q, deny, WHICH IS UNACCEPTABLE, all three of them. The programs cant just device on its own when most of the time it's false alarm. The user has to decide. And Bitdefender doesnt offer an user interaction option. Which is just insane. It's reason enough to migrate to any other Antivirus product on the market, even maybe if Bitdefender is "good" under the hood, it has terrible user interface, made for casual people who have no idea how to use a PC.

The horrible UI of Bitdefender got even worse with version 2015. You cant find anything now, everything was hidden in separated UIs. And the annoying money bad is still not working, same as it wasnt in 2013 and 2014. If you disable it, it's still bombarding the user in the browser, and installing itself, without asking the user. The autopilot always turns itself on again after some random time... and so on, and so on.

Are people from Bitdefender, who are working there, even reading here?

• Bump...

• Install and Forget.

Bitdefender’s OneClick Autopilot automatically makes the best security decisions for you.

These products are specifically designed to be simple automated decision free protection , if you want an AV that is fully interactive you made the wrong choice.

• These products are specifically designed to be simple automated decision free protection , if you want an AV that is fully interactive you made the wrong choice.

Problem is that they didn't use to be the wrong choice up to the 2011 version, and 2012 and 2013, obviously 2014 too though I never even touched that myself to know for sure, still had some, if way less, amount of interaction, so it's not that it was designed to be stupid-only, but that it became that way and long-time users were thrown out in the cold. (Well, first shoved hard with the 2012 version, nudged once more with the 2014 one, now completely thrown out and having the door locked behind them with 2015. Instead of issues being fixed, they're piling up as if the point is to make BD completely unusable for anyone who actually has any clue as to what they're doing.

• These products are specifically designed to be simple automated decision free protection , if you want an AV that is fully interactive you made the wrong choice.

Unfortunately this only works in a world w/o false positives. This is not going to happen very soon. At the moment, the 2015 version of BD, is a bit too inflexible. Just two examples:

1. interference with Techsmith SnagIt v.12.01, every launch of the programme triggers an install, add it to exclusions of BD and it works :unsure:

2. PowerCryptor, here, BD finds a virus every time the programme and/or folder gets touched, yet on virus total BD declares it clean :huh:

So how about a compromise with a default set up for 'normal' users and some advanced settings somewhere hidden in the application?

• To make matters worse, the quarantine option doesn't work either.

I don't subscribe to the notion that such a product is solely designed to be decision free because in a world of false positives that would be a silly move for any vendor and users would soon move away from such a product.

There would not be options to turn autopilot off and modify settings if is was designed in such a way.

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

Hi knuddelz,

Good luck with this. There was a rather lengthy feature request for this back in July of 2012 which was "escalated". Not sure what escalated meant in this case since, after 2 years, this still hasn't been resolved.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35631