[feature request] Profiles

Hello - is it possible to change list of programs for autopilot decisions? For example - I don´t want Thunderbird as "Work", but standart, I don´t want XFire as "Game", but standart...why the ###### is xfire in game profile, btw? And no - manual change of profiles is not a solution. Thank you.

Comments

• Hi. You can read more about profiles below. Good luck. 1.gif

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/what-ar...-work-1297.html

• Hi. You can read more about profiles below. Good luck. 1.gif

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/what-ar...-work-1297.html

While on Autopilot, Bitdefender makes all security related decisions for you and you don't have to configure any settings.

But I want to configure settings...I want to configure 100 percent of decisions. Problem is, that BD Antivirus 2015 has some "internal" settings which says "Ok, you are running Firefox, I am going to switch to work profile". Wtf why? I don´t want to switch it to work profile, I didn´t configure it !

Ok, I can turn autopilot off. And from now I have to manually switch profiles....pfff. I am waiting from 7th of August for a solution from support, so we will see :).

• 07.8. BD Supp : ticket assigned

10.8. BD Supp : we are currently working on resolving

18.8. Me : how many days means patiente?

22.8. Still without answer.

It is 15 days and nobody cares about this. I am with Bitdefender for 5 years and I was never so upset.

• My laptop is in "game mode" all the time now when idling? This started happening since the last update, got no idea what it's thinking.. anyone? It's a Win7 system. My desktop running Win8.1 however is using Standard as expected.

• I´ve received an email! After 3 weeks! (and after yesterday´s live chat). They say....to turn profiles autopilot off. Fu**. I am supposed to do it manually :). Never mind, I am going to uninstall Antivirus Plus 2015. I hope they will find a solution.

• Hello - is it possible to change list of programs for autopilot decisions?

It should be nice to hear us. I also would like to change that.

@++

• It should be nice to hear us. I also would like to change that.

@++

You can configure it, details in the user guide (on page 32).

• Are you sure you can change it? I'm sure I can't as many of us.

• Are you sure you can change it? I'm sure I can't as many of us.

I haven't been using Profiles as I have no need to but I switched them on, followed the instructions in the .pdf I linked and added a program to the work profile. It did indeed change to the "Work Profile" whenever I launched it (I rebooted after making the settings).

• Sorry for a second post but they don't allow editing posts after a certain time or if you log off the forum *Grumble*

I also checked the Game profile, launching Steam did not change the profile until I added steam.exe to the Games Profile configuration, (Rebooted) and now it happily changes in and out of that profile when I launch/close Steam. So yes I can definitely say that, for me, it is working correctly.

• depaje
    edited September 2014
    Sorry for a second post but they don't allow editing posts after a certain time or if you log off the forum *Grumble*

I also checked the Game profile, launching Steam did not change the profile until I added steam.exe to the Games Profile configuration, (Rebooted) and now it happily changes in and out of that profile when I launch/close Steam. So yes I can definitely say that, for me, it is working correctly.

XFire doesn´t for me. That is why I wrote this topic. No matter where you put XFire.exe - autopilot will ALWAYS run Game Profile.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014

@ depaje

Thank you for your feedback.

Indeed, the Profiles can't be customized 100%. You can only add an application to a certain profile, not remove it from the database.

However, if you are not happy with how Profiles work, you can switch this feature off but still keep Autopilot ON. Open up Bitdefender, click TOOLS, go to PROFILES and use set the button to switch off Profiles.

Or you can keep the Standard profile active and uncheck the box 'Let Autopilot manage my profiles' in the above menu. Keep in mind that the Standard profile does not tweak any settings of your operating system.

PS: due to many requests, I have forwarded the request to be able to exclude apps from Profiles to our product manager. See:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=221430

Thank you!

• My laptop is in "game mode" all the time now when idling? This started happening since the last update, got no idea what it's thinking.. anyone? It's a Win7 system. My desktop running Win8.1 however is using Standard as expected.
  • Seems this is now fixed, my laptop is no longer in GAME mode automatically for no good reason. Whatever you updated appears to have fixed it.