[fixed in 18.19] Wallet Services

Why are the Wallet services running when it's disabled in BIS 2015 and there are no add-ons in IE enabled? These services should not be running.

Comments

• I agree. I wanna know why.

Even though "Wallet" is turned off, it still launches on start-up. If I disable bdwtxag.exe from launching on start-up with "msconfig", "bdagent" launches it. If left to its own devices, "bdwtxag.exe" launches. It in turn launches "bdwtxapps.exe". Unless disabled, the browser extension runs under a "cmd.exe" with a corresponding "conhost.exe" process. So, all told, I would have five processes running to support a feature I have turned off.

It's an option I choose to turn off. That means "I don't want it running". Let me turn it off.

Thanks,

Leighton

• gisot
    edited July 2014

+1

There is no logic in having option to turn off services that you don't use but they're still running in the background .. This has to be a bug and it needs to be fixed.

• Is there anyone out there from "BitDefender Support" reading these posts?

I'd like an answer or at least some acknowledgement that the problem is being investigated.

Thanks,

Leighton

• Same boat...I do not want these Wallet processes running when i dont want to use this Wallet service ever. I also tried stopping them from starting but they just start back up. Try and kill the process and get access denied as well.

• Bitdefender team?

Hello?

Your users are asking question here about wallet processes running although they are disabled in the UI.

Answer please?

• Harleyrider
    edited August 2014

YES!!!! I am running "Antivirus Plus 2015" and I would also like to know how to turn off "Wallet". I do not use it or want it!!!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014

Hello all,

There is an automatic mechanism for that, even if you turn off the Wallet feature. An explanation could be provided by the developers who wrote this feature.

I am forwarding your requests to our developers and will post back their response as soon as I receive it. Thanks!

• Hello all,

There is an automatic mechanism for that, even if you turn off the Wallet feature. A explanation could be provided by the developers who wrote this feature.

I am forwarding your requests to our developers and will post back their response as soon as I receive it. Thanks!

Thanks for escalating this issue to the developers Georgia ;)

• Hey Dev's of Bitdefender, What is going on with this issue. There is no reply/patch/fix from Dev's end even after escalation made on Aug 21, 2014. It is ridiculous from Bitdefender services.

Many people are asking about this and there is no patch/information yet from BD. Even after disabling wallet from BD 2015/2014, many has noted that the processes "bdwtxag.exe" and "bdwtxapps.exe" are running. Even if the processes are disabled in startup managers or anyother tools, it doesn't disable from running in the next boot. What's Bitdefender's act on this issue since it was reported? Is there any supervisors handling this escalation? If so, please respond to this topic with some actions taken/information on when it'll be patched.

• @Shan

I opened a formal incident with "Development" back on 21 July 2014. They send me emails telling me to turn it off. Well, Duh! Each time they respond with an email, it's from a different support person who hasn't taken the time to read the whole history of events and the previous responses from other support people. They seem to have missed the point that "There is no turning it off". It launches the tasks whether you want them or not, because it's for our own good (I presume).

Support has gone downhill over the years. It used to be that the support person responding to reports on the forum would actually fight for the end-user and force some sort of response from "Development".

Thanks,

Leighton

• @Shan

I opened a formal incident with "Development" back on 21 July 2014. They send me emails telling me to turn it off. Well, Duh! Each time they respond with an email, it's from a different support person who hasn't taken the time to read the whole history of events and the previous responses from other support people. There was was even one person who suggested installing BDIS 2015 to fix the issue. If they had read the previous responses they would have known I was already using BDIS 2015.

They seem to have missed the point that "There is no turning it off". It launches the tasks whether you want them or not, because it's for our own good (I presume).

Support has gone downhill over the years. It used to be that the support person responding to reports on the forum would actually fight for the end-user and force some sort of response from "Development".

Thanks,

Leighton

• Hello all,

There is an automatic mechanism for that, even if you turn off the Wallet feature. An explanation could be provided by the developers who wrote this feature.

Hi Georgia.

Many Bitdefender 2014/2015 users are awaiting reply from you and developers on this topic as there is no perfect solution or proper information from Bitdefender's end.

Note: Keeping users wait for longer than a year for a perfect solution or support from Bitdefender Team is very suspicious/degrading Bitdefender's name for Bitdefender 2014 users. Also, Bitdefender 2015 users awaiting for months long. Please help with supportive reply for this escalated case.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience.

Starting with the latest build 18.17.0.1227 bdwtxapps.exe should not run if Wallet was not configured or apps are disabled.

Can you confirm this behavior on your end too?

• Hiya,

Disabled and still running. :(

post-175392-1412785976_thumb.png

• Hiya,

Disabled and still running. :(

Same here! :huh:

• Observation:

Since Georgia states that Apps need to be disabled, I've noticed that in my case (and also Rohugh's) there are apps that are greyed out (not installed) but the Wallet icon shows the box checked. You can see it in Rohugh's graphic for the Yahoo app.

Would this have anything to do for the process to still run?

• I hadn't noticed that, well spotted. I will install that App and see what happens if I disable it in wallet.

• Lost the edit post function as I left the forum and rebooted. :(

Disabling the Yahoo box makes no difference, so it isn't that.

• Lost the edit post function as I left the forum and rebooted. :(

Disabling the Yahoo box makes no difference, so it isn't that.

Thank you, Rohugh! Back to the drawing board for the BD developers.

You would assume that with a simple test, like we did, they would have discovered that it still doesn't work before going public! :rolleyes:

• Thank you, Rohugh! Back to the drawing board for the BD developers.

You would assume that with a simple test, like we did, they would have discovered that it still doesn't work before going public! :rolleyes:

For you The BD version works bdtwapps.exe is disabled when wallet is always disabled(for me).

post-83924-1412858143_thumb.png

• For you The BD version works bdtwapps.exe is disabled when wallet is always disabled(for me).

Kindly explain! Your graphic shows that bdwtxag.exe (Bitdefender Wallet Agent) is still running! :huh:

• Diazruanova
    edited October 2014
    Hello all,

Starting with the latest build 18.17.0.1227 bdwtxapps.exe should not run if Wallet was not configured or apps are disabled.

This is correct, "bdwtxapps.exe" disappeared from the process explorer as you stated!

• Kindly explain! Your graphic shows that bdwtxag.exe (Bitdefender Wallet Agent) is still running! :huh:

Georgia is exclusively referring to the "bdwtxapps.exe"!

• Yes, BDWTXAPPS.EXE is no longer running but BDWTXAG.EXE is still running.

Keep trying.

Thanks,

Leighton

• Yes, BDWTXAPPS.EXE is no longer running but BDWTXAG.EXE is still running.

Keep trying.

Thanks,

Leighton

This is how I see it:

BD users complain that Wallet services keep running after the Wallet feature/module has been turned off.

BD developers take note and, when given the opportunity, open the BD hood/bonnet and begin fixing things.

Developers take care of one of the two Wallet services and declare victory in a new build.

Not so fast guys, no points for a partial fix! :rolleyes:

• Not so fast guys, no points for a partial fix! rolleyes.gif

I agree. Working on this is not a simple task. And it will also need time to test things out or there may be a lot of issues rather than a fix.

• Hello all,

Thank you BD Team for fixing this issue partially. It looks like BD Team finally heed to our issues with BD 2014/2015. This is a good sign from BD on Wallet issue. However, Georgia and BD Team, please fix the other part of this issue "bdwtxag.exe" as well.

@Georgia: Thank you. However, please keep us posted on the same[fix for "bdwtxag.exe"].

• shpshftr@netzero.net
    edited October 2014

I have the same issues with BDAVPlus 2015. I even have auto update turned off along with safe pay, Wallet and ID theft protection. I set my firewall to block all "Call Homes" from BD with the exception of 'BitDefender Update Downloader' that only connects when I manually request new updates and this is what I get! What the heck is BD doing? And this is only what fits on my screen, this is constant all day long.

post-31695-1413792934_thumb.jpg

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited October 2014
    Hello all,

I have the following situations with Wallet and BDIS 2015

On W7-SP1

In IE 11 Wallet is disabled

In Firefox 33 Wallet is disabled

bdwtxapps.exe is set as a startup program and is still running.

I just removed bdwtxapps.exe from the list of startup programs but will require a restart to see if it is still loading and running. Currently I am in the middle of a project which is best I do not restart the computer unless absolutely necessary. The project should finish by the end of the week. I will get back on this after I do a restart.

• @nesivos

Even though you disabled the program from the startup list, you will find that Bdagent will launch it after the reboot. Good thought, but ineffectual. Been there, done that.

Good luck,

Leighton

• Further improvements have been brought by the latest build version 18.19.0.1435. Wallet agent process is running at startup only if the Wallet is enabled in Bitdefender settings. When you make any modification on Wallet from the Bitdefender interface, the wallet agent is started and remains in memory until Windows restarts.

• Hallo Georgia,

maybe I do not have it that clear, but in addition to the automatic update I also just tried to manually update my Bitdefender Total Security and it is stick to version 18.19.0.1345.

Do you mean the fixed .1435 you are talking about will be released soon?

Thank you

filippo

• Hallo Georgia,

maybe I do not have it that clear, but in addition to the automatic update I also just tried to manually update my Bitdefender Total Security and it is stick to version 18.19.0.1345.

Do you mean the fixed .1435 you are talking about will be released soon?

Thank you

filippo

What I think Georgia meant to write was .1345 (which is the latest and it has already fixed the bdwtxapps.exe issue) instead of .1435 as she mistakenly wrote.

• Thank you Diazruanova,

what I actually meant is that in my .1345 version the issue has not been fixed yet.

So I thought it might be in the forthcoming .1435.

Now I would like to know when it will actually be released...

best

• Thank you Diazruanova,

what I actually meant is that in my .1345 version the issue has not been fixed yet.

So I thought it might be in the forthcoming .1435.

Now I would like to know when it will actually be released...

best

Hello fsenati,

If you are referring the the Wallet agent running then the v.1345 certainly has solved the issue, if you turn off Wallet in the GUI then it no longer runs from start-up - although you have to reboot for it to take effect.

• Hello Rohugh, All,

thank you for your post, yes I can confirm it is no more active now.

Thanks

filippo

This discussion has been closed.