Problems With Bitdefender 2015 (i Think)

I installed antivirus plus 2015 around a month ago but I've had nothing but trouble since. My machine was built it around a year ago and was running flawlessly until the day after I installed the new bitdefender.

The day after I installed 2015 my machine went into an endless loop of automatic repair when I tried to start it up. I did a clean install and i seemed to fix that issue. Installed 2015 again and I've since had issues with the machine powering off moments after starting (repeatedly). The network adapter doesn't work properly on start up, I have to disable and enable it in the device manager to get it to work. Also the machine hangs on power off, has to be turned off at the psu.

I'm not 100% whether it is actually bitdefender or a hardware issue in the mobo or elsewhere in my system but as I said, it was running fine until I installed 2015. I was running antivirus plus 2014 prior with no issues so I was thinking of uninstalling 2015 and going back to 2014 but I can't find a download for that anywhere on the bitdefender site :/

Any tips?

Oh and my machine specs:

Gigabyte Z87X-OC

i7 4770k

corsair dominator ram 2*8Gb 1333

gtx 760

Comments

• antikythera
    edited October 2014

You don't specify what operating system. Hopefully Windows 7. Anyhow the following instructions are for that. If not, please google the similar solution for W8/8.1 as applicable.

It seems like you have windows set to automatically restart when your machine encounters a BSOD? If that is the case it would explain the constant restarting when the stability issue occurs.

If you open windows control panel>system properties>advanced system settings, then find startup and recovery and click the settings button. make sure automatic restart is unticked. that will give you the ability to hold down the power button after the BSOD (when the HDD has parked itself upon data dump completion) to turn off the machine in a safer manner than switching the PSU all the time.

regarding the older version, I myself still use 2014 version. you can get an english language copy of the installer from the 3rd pinned topic (after announcements) in this section of the forum:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=366

any other language required then please use topic above it.