Elam In Total Security 2015 ?

Will latest Bitdefender Total Security support ELAM and SecureBoot on an eDrive Samsung 850 PRO, and if so, can I do all that without using Bitlocker?

Comments

• Will latest Bitdefender Total Security support ELAM and SecureBoot on an eDrive Samsung 850 PRO, and if so, can I do all that without using Bitlocker?

Bitdefender version from 2014 support elam provided the os is windows 8 or later

• Thanks for the confirmation Pushkar, can you point us to a link please that states BD supports this? I can't find any online. 1.gif

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the confirmation Pushkar, can you point us to a link please that states BD supports this? I can't find any online. 1.gif

BD W8 Security includes ELAM technology.

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security

Tailored for Windows 8 and 8.1

Early Start-up Scanner

Prevents dangerous malware from infecting your computer at Windows 8 startup, using ELAM technology.

ELAM technology was first introduced in W8.0 so I use BD W8 Security on my W8.X computers to take advantage of ELAM.

I use BDIS 2015 on my W7-SP1 computer. While BD 2015 is compatible with W8.X I do not know if it includes ELAM technology.

• antikythera
    edited October 2014

Confirmation ELAM has been present across the home user products since July 2013.

We've already extended the ELAM technology to our classic line products. However, the driver is available only in Windows 8 - in Bitdefender 2013 products and The New Bitdefender classic line:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=191601

So yes it will be active in 2015 as long as your computer meets ELAM requirements.