Quick Scan No So "quick" - Userinit.exe

I noticed that Quick Scan quite often struggles for ~5 minutes or more (!) on "userinit.exe" (the last file scanned, usually at 89%). Is this normal?

Windows 8.1 x64.

Comments

• Hiya,

Not unusual for me, I have seen it stick for some time during a "quick" scan on my Win 8.1 laptop, in fact last night it refused to complete. :( I will add that on this Win 8.1 desktop the longest it has hung for is 3 minutes - still not good but not too much of a problem.

So yes, it happens and I hope by reporting this here BD Techs will have a look. It is similar to the problems being experienced with Win 7 users and the hang with winhttp.dll.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.