Search Advisor Not Working Firefox 33

Hello. :rolleyes:

I want to inform that Search Advisor not working with the latest version of the Firefox 33.

Please fix the problem.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello Mitza97,

It is working fine for me, please ensure you have the relevant boxes checked in the Protection>Web Protection window.

Ro.

post-175392-1413829715_thumb.png

• mitza97
    mitza97
    edited October 2014

Thanks for response @Rohugh.

Settings are fine.

Search Advisor is working on Chrome, IE, only in Firefox not working.

Maybe an add-on or an extension is required for this to working? I don't have such a thing installed...please be kind and look on your Firefox what extension or add-on of Bitdefender you have installed.

• Search Advisor has this tedious knack of turning itself off in FF 33. In fact, I didn't notice it before I started installing FF 33 myself.

Now, I have also noticed that previous browser versions don't have this problem. In fact, I usually prevent a satisfactory working browser from updating automatically by deleting the update exe files and the firefox maintenance services from the install folder, and turning the services off + I tend to install browser versions in a separate folder. This way, it is possible to use a new browser version for a while and assess its behavior and find out if a newer version works satisfactorily (in comparison with the previous one). If not satisfactory, one can easily keep on using the previous version until the problem is fixed in the newer one. I have been doing this ever since FF v.20 or so. I am well aware of newer versions of browsers typically displaying a whole array of problems not presenting itself in previous ones, like for instance hang issues - which are quite common -, and in order to avoid having to install the old version from scratch, I have been doing this for quite a while now.

IMO, it makes perfect sense not to allow a browser to automatically update if you can avoid being screwed by bugs in a newer version. It can save a lot of time spent on forums or backing up FF profiles or trying to restore previous browser versions etc.

And guess what ? My FF 25 browser (which I am still using) does not display this behavior, and FF 33 did immediately. I tested this behavior in FF 33 about three days in a row, and decided not to use it anymore !

• Thanks for suggestion. But i don't want to use an outdated version of the Firefox.

I want to use the last version, and Search Advisor should working on this last version... ^_^

• Thanks for suggestion. But i don't want to use an outdated version of the Firefox.

I want to use the last version, and Search Advisor should working on this last version... ^_^

I think you should first blame the crazy 6 week update schedule that Mozilla has, the last thing they seem to worry about is add-ons and extensions working, it is up to those who develop them to sort out. As I said earlier I have no problems with it, it has worked consistently but everyone has a different set up with add-ons and there could be some conflict.

• I think you should first blame the crazy 6 week update schedule that Mozilla has, the last thing they seem to worry about is add-ons and extensions working, it is up to those who develop them to sort out. As I said earlier I have no problems with it, it has worked consistently but everyone has a different set up with add-ons and there could be some conflict.

Very true. People should consider NOT updating a previous browser version immediately if the next one doesn't work properly, and most of the time this depends on the plugins and add-ons you're running. That's basically all there is to it. If the FF 32 works on a system, then one should keep on using it for a while. I'm in fact not suggesting anyone should turn the clock back as far as I have done. FF 25 keeps doing a splendid job in my case, with all the plugs I am running, and I've kept this version going for as long as possible now without any trouble whatsoever.

• FF could have done a lot of changes on FF 33 that caused Search Advisor not to work. I think as long as Bitdefender is aware about it, it should be in no time that an update will be made for it. 1.gif

• FF could have done a lot of changes on FF 33 that caused Search Advisor not to work. I think as long as Bitdefender is aware about it, it should be in no time that an update will be made for it. 1.gif

Then please explain why it works for some of us (including me) and not for others.

• I though I was going crazy, thank you to the original OP for posting this issue. We have BD TS 2015 installed on 2 x Win 8.1 machines, both with Firefox 33.0.2 installed and neither works. As stated, Chrome and IE work fine. It's been this way for weeks or more now - hope it gets fixed soon....

Thanks

• Frefox 33.1 and Search Advisor still not working...

In the latest Chrome and IE no problem. <_<

• Frefox 33.1 and Search Advisor still not working...

In the latest Chrome and IE no problem. <_<

FF 33.1

From my testing of various search engines on W7-SP1

1. Works in Bing

2. Works in Yahoo

2. Does not work in Google

3. Does not work in DuckDuckGo

4. Does not work in Ixquick HTTPS which is the searh engine I recommend. It can be added to Firefox at their Add-On website.

• mitza97
    mitza97
    edited November 2014

I also have tested...on my side, working ONLY in BING.

Not working in YAHOO.

• I also have tested...on my side, working ONLY in BING.

Not working in YAHOO.

Agree, now not working Yahoo However, I could have sworn it worked in Yahoo. Maybe my prior post was before the latest update.

• Agree, now not working Yahoo However, I could have sworn it worked in Yahoo. Maybe my prior post was before the latest update.

Correction.

I checked the settings and Seach Advisor was turned off.

I turned it on and it is working in Google, Yahoo and Bing. Not working in DuckDuckGo or Ixquck HTTPS

• Keep in mind that Bitdefender Search Advisor rates the search results ONLY from these web search engines:

* Google

* Yahoo!

* Bing

* Baidu

It's not designed to work with any other search engine.

If you encounter issues with the above engines, make sure Bitdefender is updated to the latest build number 18.19.0.1345. A Windows restart is necessary to apply the changes brought by this new build. You can check it by right clicking on the Bitdefender icon from system tray, near Windows clock.

• Updated to the latest build .1369 and still not working... <_<