[solved in 18.19 kit] Internet Security 2015 Install Crash With Bluescreen

Hey everyone,

I have a Dell Vostro 3360 running with Windows 8.1 Update 64 Bit and I was using Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 for half a year now.

Last week I wanted to upgrade to 2015, so I uninstalled the old BD with the uninstall-tool and tried to install Internet Security 2015, but everytime I try it I get a BSOD with whea_uncorrectable_error.

The crash happens at ca. 80% of the installation, so parts of BD are installed, but it won't work properly. Anyone having an idea?

Comments

• I think that this could be an isolated issue with your system configuration. I'd suggest to generate a memory dump and send it to support for investigation. Below is the guide. 1.gif

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...bsod)-1169.html

• Hello der_eismann,

Did you contact Bitdefender support team regarding this issue? What is your ticket ID?

• c0la
    edited October 2014
    Hey everyone,

I have a Dell Vostro 3360 running with Windows 8.1 Update 64 Bit and I was using Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 for half a year now.

Last week I wanted to upgrade to 2015, so I uninstalled the old BD with the uninstall-tool and tried to install Internet Security 2015, but everytime I try it I get a BSOD with whea_uncorrectable_error.

The crash happens at ca. 80% of the installation, so parts of BD are installed, but it won't work properly. Anyone having an idea?

I've got the exact same problem.

While installing it, the PC shows me the same Bluscreen.

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

Edit: I opend a ticket at the Support.

• Guys or Gals

I had the exact same problem when going from Total Security 2013 to 2015 - see my log forum post about it here, but it is a bit long and boring. Funnily enough mine is a DELL laptop too running 64bit Win 8.1 Pro with Media Center on an SSD. Could it be DELL laptops?

So to cut a long post short. this fixed it for me:

Download the relevant offline installer you require from here

When installing it, choose no for the option to"download the latest files during installation" i.e. do not update from the internet

I hope this works. Sadly this depends on what state your previous install was too, but it worked for me using the above, even when I went to Bitdefender Windows 8, and then downgraded back to Total Security 2015.

Good luck

• c0la
    edited October 2014
    Guys or Gals

I had the exact same problem when going from Total Security 2013 to 2015 - see my log forum post about it here, but it is a bit long and boring. Funnily enough mine is a DELL laptop too running 64bit Win 8.1 Pro with Media Center on an SSD. Could it be DELL laptops?

So to cut a long post short. this fixed it for me:

Download the relevant offline installer you require from here

When installing it, choose no for the option to"download the latest files during installation" i.e. do not update from the internet

I hope this works. Sadly this depends on what state your previous install was too, but it worked for me using the above, even when I went to Bitdefender Windows 8, and then downgraded back to Total Security 2015.

Good luck

Hey there!

sadly, I tried the offline installer already. It did not work for me.

And as well I think it's not the DELL Laptop. I'm running a HP, but, as well with an SSD.

My ticket was not answered yet, so I hope there something coming up soon.

Greetings

• Did you run the uninstall utility in windows safe mode?

• Hey guys,

I have the exact same problem on my HP Pavillion bought 1 year ago, i7 Haswell with Win 8.1 64 bit and SATA HDD, not SSD.

For the past 24 hours, I have called around 7-8 times and sent 4 e-mail. All I did was to be bounced from tech support to tech support with no real help received....Only received a million "We are sorry for the inconveniences created" which actually do not help me....

My ticket number is: 2014111212230001 and if any tech support takes a look they can see it's a big one, with a lot of notes. I am really angry that nobody from the company care enough to give me a call and walk me step by step through the fix.....

• Hey guys,

I have the exact same problem on my HP Pavillion bought 1 year ago, i7 Haswell with Win 8.1 64 bit and SATA HDD, not SSD.

For the past 24 hours, I have called around 7-8 times and sent 4 e-mail. All I did was to be bounced from tech support to tech support with no real help received....Only received a million "We are sorry for the inconveniences created" which actually do not help me....

My ticket number is: 2014111212230001 and if any tech support takes a look they can see it's a big one, with a lot of notes. I am really angry that nobody from the company care enough to give me a call and walk me step by step through the fix.....

PS: Finally the tech support got the problem fixed for me. It was a very easy solution just to start the PC in Safe Mode and delete the file avccore from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2015

Hopefully everything will be fine now :) Maybe this will help you too.

• sausages
    edited November 2014

I just encountered this error trying to install BD2015 TS on a fresh 8.1 system, had to remove using the uninstaller from within safe mode. This is unbelievable and unacceptable, and makes me seriously question using a BitDefender product going forwards.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

If during the Bitdefender installation you get a BSOD with whea_uncorrectable_error, follow these steps:

1. Start again the Bitdefender installation and let it crash with BSOD.

2. Start the computer in Safe Mode

3. In Safe Mode check to see if this folder exists--> C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2015

4. If the folder 'Bitdefender 2015' is there delete this file from it: avccore

5. Restart the computer normally.

6. Open up Bitdefender and click the Update button. Wait until the process ends and restart the PC. Then, test to have the latest build number: right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray -near the clock- and choose "About". You should see in the left upper side the build number: 18.19.0.1345

• Just a quick update to let you know that the fix for this BSOD is now compiled in the latest offline installation kit, uploaded today.

If you encounter this BSOD during the Bitdefender installation make sure to delete the old Bitdefender installation kit and download a fresh copy from here:

Bitdefender Total Security 2015

x32 bit kit:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...r_ts_18_32b.exe

x64 bit kit:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...r_ts_18_64b.exe

Bitdefender Internet Security 2015

x32 bit kit:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...r_is_18_32b.exe

x64 bit kit:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...r_is_18_64b.exe

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015

x32 bit kit:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...r_av_18_32b.exe

x64 bit kit:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...r_av_18_64b.exe

Thank you!

• I am having almost the same problem, getting a BSOD when trying to trying to upgrade from BitDefender 2014 to BitDefender 2015. The only differences are that the BSOD I get does not appear to be the WHEA variety, and it's on a home built system with Windows 7 Professional instead of a Windows 8 product. When it crashes, I've been looking for the avccore file mentioned, but it's not there. I have attempted the installation with the newer offline install file mentioned above, but that hasn't helped. I did run the uninstall file first, but not from within Safe Mode, as someone else suggested. The point in the install procedure where the crash happens is when the scanning process starts. It gets about 25% of the way through that, then blue screen. This happens whether or not I select to download the latest files.

I've restored twice from a recent backup, just to get back to "square one," before retrying the uninstall/install process. After the crash, I restart in safe mode, and can see that many of the newer files are already installed, except for the avccore file, but when I restart from safe mode to normal Windows, BitDefender does not start, so I am unable to update from there. Any suggestions before I ask for a refund?

• I am having almost the same problem, getting a BSOD when trying to trying to upgrade from BitDefender 2014 to BitDefender 2015. The only differences are that the BSOD I get does not appear to be the WHEA variety, and it's on a home built system with Windows 7 Professional instead of a Windows 8 product. When it crashes, I've been looking for the avccore file mentioned, but it's not there. I have attempted the installation with the newer offline install file mentioned above, but that hasn't helped. I did run the uninstall file first, but not from within Safe Mode, as someone else suggested. The point in the install procedure where the crash happens is when the scanning process starts. It gets about 25% of the way through that, then blue screen. This happens whether or not I select to download the latest files.

I've restored twice from a recent backup, just to get back to "square one," before retrying the uninstall/install process. After the crash, I restart in safe mode, and can see that many of the newer files are already installed, except for the avccore file, but when I restart from safe mode to normal Windows, BitDefender does not start, so I am unable to update from there. Any suggestions before I ask for a refund?

Found the answer to my specific problem in a similar post from almost exactly 1 year ago.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...957&hl=BSOD

In my case, I have a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 motherboard. I uninstalled the AppCenter software that comes with it, and BitDefender 2015 installed without a hitch. Now I just have to see if reinstalling the AppCenter software will cause the same problem on future system scans.