Feature Request

I would like to see the BD W8 Security icon in the notification area change color to red or whatever when there is an event notice. This would prevent having to unnecessarily clicking on the icon to open the BD W8 Security GUI to see if there is an event notice. I would prefer this to a widget like in BDIS 2015.

Comments

• This is actually doable already. You might need to do minor set up first. 1.gif

1. Click the arrow in the lower-right corner of the screen.

2. Click Customize... to open the Notification Area Icons window.

3. Select the option Show icons and notifications for the Bitdefender Agent

icon.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited November 2014
    This is actually doable already. You might need to do minor set up first. 1.gif

1. Click the arrow in the lower-right corner of the screen.

2. Click Customize... to open the Notification Area Icons window.

3. Select the option Show icons and notifications for the Bitdefender Agent

icon.

This does not do what I am requesting.

I have the icon there in the notification area. It shows white and never indicates if there is an event notification. Now It could be if I change it to show notifications only that will do the trick but I don't feel comfortable doing that. The reason is I don't know when it will show the icon? If I select show notifications only will the icon show if "Auto-Pilot" goes off.

Thanks for your response but it does not address my reqauest. I want to see the BD W8 Icon in the notifications area all the time and I want to see it change color when there is an event notification and when something is turned off that I had turned on like Auto-Pilot.

The other way to solve the problem would be to add a Widget like in BDIS 2015. However, it would still require me to minimize the browser or whatever app I had open to see if an event notification was showing. It still it is an extra click just like clicking on the icon. Keeping the widget on top would not be satisfactory either as it would cover up part of the app that is currently maximized on the monitor. Often I have as four or more apps maximized at one time on my W7-SP1 computer. So to see the widget I have to minimize each one of them. Alternatively I can click the icon to open the GUI. Again this involves a click.

This discussion has been closed.