Bitdefender Int. Sec. 2015 Possibly Not Catching Keylogger.

I wanted to test the Anti-KeyLogger functionality of my Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 (Build 18.17.0.1227). However, when using the Zemana KeyLogger test, Bitdefender produces no alerts. This even with the Anti-KeyLogger option enabled and vulnerability and antivirus settings at aggressive. Should this not produce and alert, and what would be the best way to test that Bitdefender is providing protection? Thanks!

Comments

• I wanted to test the Anti-KeyLogger functionality of my Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 (Build 18.17.0.1227). However, when using the Zemana KeyLogger test, Bitdefender produces no alerts. This even with the Anti-KeyLogger option enabled and vulnerability and antivirus settings at aggressive. Should this not produce and alert, and what would be the best way to test that Bitdefender is providing protection? Thanks!

That program is most likely whitelisted as a known good program as it is a test program only.

If you want to see if keylogging protection works on a secure site, open the keylogger and let it run in the background. Open SafePay and go to a bank website. Type in a few characters at the login field. When you close the browser, check the keylogger to see if your data was captured.

• I think the files are digitally signed by that company. Thus, it doesn't get caught. Try to set Active Virus Control to aggressive and see how it goes. 1.gif

• There was a similar topic about this subject a few years ago. Please read our official response here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=169260

Thank you.