Windows 8 Live Tiles Bing Not Working With Bitdef Firewall

Hello,

I've been wrestling with various things regarding Windows 8 but more recently I did a clean reinstall of Win8 because my live tiles are not working (my computer is brand new). However after reading about it for ages, I ended up discovering that it could be due to Bitdefender's firewall. After deactivating it as said in this thread (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=47309), the BING tiles (such as the weather) started to work once again. However I do not seem to be able to follow the steps which were advised by the administrator in the other thread as I am now with Bitdef 2015.

Could someone please help me?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello koral,

Thank you for your post.

In Bitdefender 2015 please try the following:

- bring up Bitdefender and click on Protection

- choose Firewall panel > Show General rules (in the lower left part of the window)

- go to Windows Explorer traffic on HTTP > use the drop-down menu to select 'Allow'

I'll be waiting for your feedback.

• squibbon
    squibbon
    edited November 2014

Good Lord, this issue STILL hasn't been fixed? I reported it to Bitdefender 2014 a YEAR ago.

• To be honest, this is the first report we get with Bitdefender 2015. However, I am not 100% sure that koral is using classic line 2015 and not 2014. It would have helped to receive his answer first and then ensure he does have the latest product.

If anyone else is having problems with Live Tiles in Windows 8 and is using Bitdefender 2015 please post back.

Thank you!

• Hello,

I have the same problem as described above: Live Tiles such as News and Weather stopped getting updates after I have recently installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. In fact, when I lunch those apps, the up-to-date content is loading, but the tiles are showing the same as they were the day that I installed Bitdef.

I have tried to solve the problem by allowing Windows Explorer traffic on HTTP, but surprisingly I couldn't change the rule to "Allow" - each time I choose "Allow" it instantly goes back to "Deny".

I would be very grateful for advice on how to solve the problem, one way or another.

Thanks!

• Hello,

I have the same problem as described above: Live Tiles such as News and Weather stopped getting updates after I have recently installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. In fact, when I lunch those apps, the up-to-date content is loading, but the tiles are showing the same as they were the day that I installed Bitdef.

I have tried to solve the problem by allowing Windows Explorer traffic on HTTP, but surprisingly I couldn't change the rule to "Allow" - each time I choose "Allow" it instantly goes back to "Deny".

I would be very grateful for advice on how to solve the problem, one way or another.

Thanks!

I have the same problem too.

• To be honest, this is the first report we get with Bitdefender 2015. However, I am not 100% sure that koral is using classic line 2015 and not 2014. It would have helped to receive his answer first and then ensure he does have the latest product.

If anyone else is having problems with Live Tiles in Windows 8 and is using Bitdefender 2015 please post back.

Thank you!

I just logged into the support forums for the first time in forever and found this.

You waited almost THREE months to reply to my post? And haven't responded yet to the other posters who reported they were having the same problems after 2/2/1015? Very poor response time to say the least!

The problem with Windows 8 Live Tiles was reported originally for Bitdefender 2014, so Bitdefender was not unaware the issue existed. Apparently it wasn't fixed, because Bitdefender 2015 has the same problem.

I'm beginning to remember why I don't visit these forums very often......

• Hello,

Please upgrade for free to Bitdefender 2016 and post back in this topic should the issue still occur:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=60341

Thank you, this topic will be closed.

This discussion has been closed.