Lockscreenware,cryptolocker...

Does "Bitdefender Free" actually protect from Lockscreenware,Cryptolocker and such stuff ?

Comments

• Hello CyberFruit,

Bitdefender software protects against those threats, all the BD Antivirus products use the same definitions and database, so yes. :)

Ro.

• Let's be honest here.

Anti-malware protection is based not only on signature analysis, but also on proactive protection and Intrusion Detection System. And they have a free version still will be weaker and may not be reinforced by a user.

And think about it, who will buy the paid version of anti-virus, if there will be a free option that provides similar protection.

The main purpose of any business is profit. So make your own conclusions from the perspective of common sense.

• Let's be honest here.

Anti-malware protection is based not only on signature analysis, but also on proactive protection and Intrusion Detection System.

Lapka,

Read the details of the Free version, it does have the features you mention.

http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/free.html

Ro.

• lapka
    edited November 2014

Yes, they are and I mentioned them. Once they are inferior in their capabilities of the commercial version.

• graciliano
    edited November 2014
    Yes, they are and I mentioned them. Once they are inferior in their capabilities of the commercial version.

As far as I know, all Bitdefender products offer the same protection against viruses. In particular, both Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition and Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 blocked all samples of ransomware in a test performed in April 2013.

Comparing Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition to its commercial counterparts is probably like comparing a cup of ice cream to a sundae. Unlike those, it offers limited control and no extra features other blocking web pages deemed unsafe. Also, I saw a report were Bitdefender Internet Security 2015's overall performance was better was better than that of it. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is not as good as Bitdefender's paid products, not because of it provides inferior antivirus protection, but because it only provides Bitdefender's excellent antivirus protection.

• all Bitdefender products offer the same protection against viruses. In particular, both Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition and Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 blocked all samples of ransomware in a test performed in April 2013.

I would like to know specifically about the test in 2013, which you mentioned. Bitdefender rarely gives his free antivirus test lab.

• I would like to know specifically about the test in 2013, which you mentioned. Bitdefender rarely gives his free antivirus test lab.
    The free edition may not be the one tested but Bitdefender says all of their products protect against the same threats.
  • I would like to know specifically about the test in 2013, which you mentioned. Bitdefender rarely gives his free antivirus test lab.

lapka: I sent you a message with the link to the test. --graciliano

• lapka: I sent you a message with the link to the test. --graciliano

Thank you for the link.

This laboratory (AVLab) is little known and has no authority among testing laboratories, and the test itself, based on the verification of 5 samples does not hold water.