Windows 10 Consumer Preview Compatiblity?

As far as I know based upon what Georgia posted BD W8 Security has not been certificed compatible with W10 Technical Preview.

Rumor is W10 Consumer Preview will be released early next year.

Windows 10 Consumer Preview Release Expected In Early 2015

1. Any word on whether BD W8 Security will be compatible with Windows 10 Consumer Preview?

2. Or is there a BD W10 Security Beta in the works to be compatible with Windows 10 Consumer Preview?

3. Or will BD W8 Security users have to switch to a BD 2015 or BD 2016 product at some point in order to use a Bitdefender product with W10?

Thanks

Comments

• Unknown
    edited December 2014
    As far as I know based upon what Georgia posted BD W8 Security has not been certificed compatible with W10 Technical Preview.

Well, it might not be certified but I've had it running in Win10 9879x64 for a while. It works great. In fact, I've been testing it against zer0-day and phishing threats vs Ad-Adware Pro.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited December 2014
    Well, it might not be certified but I've had it running in Win10 9879x64 for a while. It works great. In fact, I've been testing it against zer0-day and phishing threats vs Ad-Adware Pro.

I read it needs to be tweaked in order to get it to run properly on W10 TP Did you have to tweak it? Thanks

• Using the W10 ISO file I installed W10 9226 on one of my computers. Amazingly it kept all my 3rd party apps. I used the Express install. Re BDW8S

1. Required a repair to work however

2. Active Virus Control and Intrustion Detection appear not to be working. Active Virus Conrol uses hueristics to monitor apps for strange behavior. Intrusion Detection not working is probably a bigger concern. I can turn it on but when I close the GUI and reopen it ID is shown as off. Windows Firewall is on. I have not tried turning Windows Firewall off to see if ID will then remain on.

3. Turns off Windows Defender.

4. Vulnerability Scan does not appear to apply Windows updates, which are set to automatically update by Windows so VS not working is probably not a big deal.

In anycase even though BDW8S appears to not be fully working it does scan and is even in a limited mode is probably better than Windows Defender.

I know that BDW8S is not supported on W10 TP but I am just passing on some information regarding its functioning on W10 9226.

• For reasons I will not go into here I had to purchase a new desktop. Anyway I purchased a computer with W7-SP1 on it and an i5-4460 CPU. As soon as I booted it up I upgraded it to W10 TP 9926. After dong that I installed BDW8 Security and everything seemed to be working normally as oppoosed to what I posted above on the PCs I had running W8.1 updated with BDW8 Security before updating to W10 TP.

So I thought what if I do a clean install of BDW8 Security on those two PCs as opposed to the repair I had previously done? Would BDW8 Security work okay with a clean install? So I uninstalled Malwarebytes and CrytoPrevent. Then I did a complete uninstall of BDW8 Security using the BDW8 Security uninstaller. I cleaned some bad left over registry entires and then reinstalled BDW8 Security. Viola I was able to configure it and BDW8 Security appears to be working fine on all three PCs I have running W10 TP 9926, No problems as of this time.

Of course I have no way of knowing if there will be any compatibility problems between BDW8 Security and future releases of W10 TP.

Again BDW8 Security is not supported by Bitdefender on W10 TP. So if you choose to run BDW8 Security on W10 TP you do so at your own risk and will almost for sure not receive any support from Bitdefender should you have a problem with BDW8 Security running on W10 TP.

This discussion has been closed.