Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 Slows Down Opera 24 / 25

Opera 25 (and 24) slows down terribly with Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 (18.17.0.1227 and earlier, Windows 7 and 8.1 x64). The user interface in Opera becomes sluggish.

The problem disappears when Active Virus Control is OFF. It is possible that the problem is similar to that which occurred in Chrome lately.

Comments

• Opera 25 (and 24) slows down terribly with Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 (18.17.0.1227 and earlier, Windows 7 and 8.1 x64). The user interface in Opera becomes sluggish.

The problem disappears when Active Virus Control is OFF. It is possible that the problem is similar to that which occurred in Chrome lately.

Have you looked at this?

Opera Performance Enhancements

• Have you looked at this?

Opera Performance Enhancements

This applies to old versions of Opera with Presto engine.

Now Opera is based on the other engine. And the problem is with Active Virus Control. Opera is lightning fast with "AVC" disabled.

• As a work around, how about if you add Opera on the exception at Active Virus control? That should do it. 1.gif

• As a work around, how about if you add Opera on the exception at Active Virus control? That should do it

It might be the solution as a temporary workaround, but not as a permanent solution...

• Same problem here. With Bit Defender Internet Security and Bit Defender Total Security (both 2015) and Opera 26. About a month ago I had none of these problems.

• Same problem here. With Bit Defender Internet Security and Bit Defender Total Security (both 2015) and Opera 26. About a month ago I had none of these problems.

Maybe we have to wait for the new build... But I'm losing hope. :(

• komtur
    komtur ✭✭
    edited December 2014

Hurrah!

Opera is working normally at last! :D (Opera 26.x, Bitdefender 18.20.0.1429, Windows 7, 8 x64).