Witch Product For Win 8.1?

I know there's a post bellow asking the same thing but I wanted to get some updated info on what would work the best on a new PC with W8.1, W8S or BD Antivirus Plus 2015, as this is going to be my young daughters PC and I want it as trouble free as can be, any info is appreciated.

Ive had BD Antivirus Plus 2015 on this W7 PC for a wile now and have been pretty happy with it but im not sure when it comes to W8.1

Comments

• Hiya :)

I use both, TS on this Win 8.1 desktop and Win 8 Security Win 8.1 laptop. They both work well and I wouldn't choose between them, if you have a spare Internet Security license you can use it to activate Windows 8 Security.

Ro.

• Thanks Ro,

just need to know if one plays nicer then the other? can anyone confirm from running these two on a system?

I have one extra license that I was going to use but I know BD can be touchy on certain systems but good on others. Hate to use another AV but I will if it makes my life easier.

• Thanks Ro,

just need to know if one plays nicer then the other? can anyone confirm from running these two on a system?

I have one extra license that I was going to use but I know BD can be touchy on certain systems but good on others. Hate to use another AV but I will if it makes my life easier.

I use BDIS 2015 on my W7-SP1 and BDW8S on my Windows 8.1 computers.

1. Both offer excellent protection

2. BDIS and of course BDTS have more features than BDW8S but I have used BDW8S for two years and never felt I missed anything by not having access to BD Vault and other goodies found in the 2015 apps.

3. BDW8S uses a lot and I mean a lot less memory on W8.1 than BDIS does on W7-SP1. I have no idea how much memory BDIS or BDTS use on W8.1. My numbers for vsserv.exe are

BDW8S on W8.1 uses about 25M - 30MB when sitting idle. More when scanning but probably no more than 100MB for the most part during a scan

BDIS 2015 on my W7-SP1 use about 300MB when sitting idle

4. BDW8S uses ELAM technology. I don't know if BDIS 2015 or BDTS 2015 do.

5. BDW8S will scan W8 apps from the Windows Store. Again I don't know if BDIS 2015 or BDTS 2015 does this.

6. BDW8S scanning is pretty fast. Whether it is faster than BDIS 2015 or BDTS 2015 on the same computer I don't know

I have three licenses for BDIS 2015 and am using only one on my W7-SP1 computer. I can think of no reason to replace BDW8S on my W8.1 computers with the two unused BDIS 2015 licenses I have.

• I use BDIS 2015 on my W7-SP1 and BDW8S on my Windows 8.1 computers.

1. Both offer excellent protection

2. BDIS and of course BDTS have more features than BDW8S but I have used BDW8S for two years and never felt I missed anything by not having access to BD Vault and other goodies found in the 2015 apps.

3. BDW8S uses a lot and I mean a lot less memory on W8.1 than BDIS does on W7-SP1. I have no idea how much memory BDIS or BDTS use on W8.1. My numbers for vsserv.exe are

BDW8S on W8.1 uses about 25M - 30MB when sitting idle. More when scanning but probably no more than 100MB for the most part during a scan

BDIS 2015 on my W7-SP1 use about 300MB when sitting idle

4. BDW8S uses ELAM technology. I don't know if BDIS 2015 or BDTS 2015 do.

5. BDW8S will scan W8 apps from the Windows Store. Again I don't know if BDIS 2015 or BDTS 2015 does this.

6. BDW8S scanning is pretty fast. Whether it is faster than BDIS 2015 or BDTS 2015 on the same computer I don't know

I have three licenses for BDIS 2015 and am using only one on my W7-SP1 computer. I can think of no reason to replace BDW8S on my W8.1 computers with the two unused BDIS 2015 licenses I have.

Thanks Nesivos for the info!

That's the thing on this PC she's not going to need all the extra bloat and goodies just a simple good working AV with less maintenance, I'm kind of leaning now towards W8S.

I have one extra license from my perches of AVP 2015 I think I can use that to activate W8S I read correct?

• I have one extra license from my perches of AVP 2015 I think I can use that to activate W8S I read correct?

I believe you need either a specific W8S license or an IS one, the AVP does not.

• I believe you need either a specific W8S license or an IS one, the AVP does not.

Oh darn I may have to use AVP then.

This discussion has been closed.