Using A Uml Desktop Tool

Hi,

I often get an issue with my UML diagramming tool StarUML. This week I can get blocked several times (alerts) and I couldn't figure out why.

Does anyone know a good UML tool on Windows? I only need the basic UML diagrams and the possibility to export my diagrams. I don't need an admin access on the computer even if my machine is highly secured because of my company policy. I'm very limited with installations.

Thank you

Comments

• Hi,

I often get an issue with my UML diagramming tool StarUML. This week I can get blocked several times (alerts) and I couldn't figure out why.

Does anyone know a good UML tool on Windows? I only need the basic UML diagrams and the possibility to export my diagrams. I don't need an admin access on the computer even if my machine is highly secured because of my company policy. I'm very limited with installations.

Thank you

Alex you should not desactivate your firewall, even temporarily, for using any software installed on your machine. For UML modeling, there are a bunch a UML online tools which do not require to be installed on your computer. All you need is an up-to-date web browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) and UML diagrams can be designed online. I use this UML tool for my own UML models and I've never got any issue with my bitdefender. You have to ensure your company authorizes the use of cloud-based tools!, for privacy reasons essentially. If you're ganted, take a look at their UML diagram examples (class, use case, activity) and you'll see there's no reason to keep on using old desktop tools :P

• Alex you should not desactivate your firewall, even temporarily, for using any software installed on your machine. For UML modeling, there are a bunch a UML online tools which do not require to be installed on your computer. All you need is an up-to-date web browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) and UML diagrams can be designed online. I use this UML tool for my own UML models and I've never got any issue with my bitdefender. You have to ensure your company authorizes the use of cloud-based tools!, for privacy reasons essentially. If you're ganted, take a look at their UML diagram examples (class, use case, activity) and you'll see there's no reason to keep on using old desktop tools :P

hi tdupire, you're right I signed up for a UML tool online and that's ok

thank you for your help

This discussion has been closed.