Windows 8 Security Development / Future?

komtur
komtur ✭✭

We are quite frequent updates of Internet Security (and all other "2015" versions)... but what about Windows 8 Security?

Is it some kind of blind branch of evolution? All 2015 versions have Windows 8-like interface and they are very similar to Windows 8 Security, but all 2015 versions are improved regularly while Windows 8 Security - not. Am I right? :unsure:

Comments

• We are quite frequent updates of Internet Security (and all other "2015" versions)... but what about Windows 8 Security?

Is it some kind of blind branch of evolution? All 2015 versions have Windows 8-like interface and they are very similar to Windows 8 Security, but all 2015 versions are improved regularly while Windows 8 Security - not. Am I right? :unsure:

There is no way to know how may people use BDW8 Security but I think it is more than a handful. You don't see a lot of problem posts on the BDW8 Security thread. So my guess is most users of it are very happy with it. If it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

Having said that I have no idea if there will be a BDW10 Security. I have been using BDW8 Security with W10 TP 9926 on three computers and it seems to be working fine. Then again I don't get into the nuts and bolts so there could be issues I am not aware of.

• I removed W8S and went back to AV2015

• Well, it might not be certified but I've had it running in Win10 9879x64 for a while. It works great. In fact, I've been testing it against zer0-day and phishing threats vs Ad-Adware Pro. geometry dash 2.0 apk

This discussion has been closed.