[solved] Device Manager: Bitdefender Avc Hv Yello Mark

2»

Comments

• @ Georgia

Explain please, what function in the hypervisor, how it works?

Thanks.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=225941

Here I was given the answer, from which it follows that the hypervisor for virtualization processes heuristically. And my question is, if the hypervisor does not work, can work as heuristic analysis technology - B-Have?

• Is it possible to get an answer from BitDefender? It would seem somewhat ridiculous that an anti-virus solution that throws a driver error that could at least be supposed to make the real time AV protection not work would get an answer in less than a month!

Why is SO HARD for Bitdefender support to give a concise, understandable explanation of what this AVC HV driver does (and does not do)? That is not even a solution - which Bitdefender should also have already provided in my opinion.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!

• Yeah I'm rather upset about all of this and now I'm sorry I ever bought it. I know mistakes happen and they just screwed up an update but that's not what bothers me, what bothers me is thier response to it. They keep telling me it's just a visual problem and it's not affecting functionality but that's a bunch of bull. A non functioning software device is not just a visual problem. It has a function and it's not working. They need to tell us the truth about it.

• Same here. Ive had the error since I installed BD. I really hope fix this major problem soon.

Window 7 64 home premium.

Intel i7 - 3610QM cpu @ 2.30GHz

Number of cores 4

number of threads 8

• Firecapt
    Firecapt ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014

Here's how I fixed the problem:

Go to Device Manager

Highlight the Bitdefender AVC Hv

Right click and select update driver

Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software

For the location select C:\Program Files\Bitdefender

Make sure the box for Include Subfolders is checked

Select Next

You will get a message regarding the driver not being approved or something like that; just ignore the warning and install the driver

Problem fixed and did not return on reboot!

• The lack of silence on this is wild. I'm also pretty frustrated by Bitdefender forgetting settings NEARLY EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I don't like having to disable to firewall just to watch YouTube videos, I've done it so many times, and I have followed the steps to make it stay off so many times. Nope, comes on randomly. Realtime intrusion protection turns itself OFF all of the time too.

• Here's how I fixed the problem:

Go to Device Manager

Select Next

You will get a message regarding the driver not being approved or something like that; just ignore the warning and install the driver

The problem has returned with the error message: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

Looks like we need a more permanent fix! :wacko:

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014

Thank you for your patience.

We gladly inform you that the situation reported with AVCHV is now addressed in the latest build version 18.20.0.1429.

To make sure you have the latest build version bring up Bitdefender 2015 and click the Update button. Wait until the process ends and restart the PC. Then, test to have the latest build number: right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray -near the clock- and choose "About". You should see in the left upper side the build number: 18.20.0.1429

Let us know how is everything going.

• After the last product update, the hypervisor is not in Device Manager, this is the fix the problem?

AMD processor, 6 physical cores.

• After the last product update, the hypervisor is not in Device Manager, this is the fix the problem?

AMD processor, 6 physical cores.

You're right, Rampant, it was fixed on "some systems" in the latest build update: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=226184

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem was "fixed" on my computer. Device Manager does not show the device at all any longer.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• I have still same problem.

Update didn't fixed this issue for me. i7 3630QM 4+4

• The issue is not fixed. The update simply does the same thing as the patch that was tried earlier. It removes the AVC HV device but does not reinstall it with the correct driver. Both my dual-core and quad-core systems still have the AVC HV device functioning properly after this update, so it is still supposed to be there.

I'm giving up on Bitdefender, over a month to fix this is ridiculous.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

Hello, the latest update is meant to stop Device Manager from displaying the ! notification about Bitdefender AVC HV. This driver will no longer be needed/used if the CPU has more than 4 logical cores. We are currently working on a new driver for such CPU which will be delivered in about 1-2 months.

Later edit: A new AVC HV driver was released today via automatic update of Bitdefender. This new driver works with more than 4 logical cores and solves the reported issue. Bring up Bitdefender and click Update. Wait until the update process completes, restart the computer 2-3 times and once the build version changes to 18.21.0.1497 (latest build), the issue is addressed.

Please keep us updated with your results.

• Hello, the latest update is meant to stop Device Manager from displaying the ! notification about Bitdefender AVC HV. This driver will no longer be needed/used if the CPU has more than 4 logical cores. We are currently working on a new driver for such CPU which will be delivered in about 1-2 months.

Later edit: A new AVC HV driver was released today via automatic update of Bitdefender. This new driver works with more than 4 logical cores and solves the reported issue. Bring up Bitdefender and click Update. Wait until the update process completes, restart the computer 2-3 times and once the build version changes to 18.21.0.1497 (latest build), the issue is addressed.

Please keep us updated with your results.

It seems the problem still exists in the free AV. Will that be updated too?
  • Driver hypervisor is running.

post-39675-1423834909_thumb.png

• Here's how I fixed the problem:

Go to Device Manager

Select Next

Thanks.

This solution worked for me.

Windows 8.1, Intel i7-3610QM (4 cores, 8 threads)

Luke

• I re installed and updated OS and re installed Bitdefender internet security but still i have the same issue of Bitdefeder AVC HV showing the yellow sign. I am using win8.1 64 bit 4GB RAM i3-380M .

post-107390-1431608042_thumb.png