Error -1017 On Update

Hi,

Please help!

I have installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 on my laptop, which I mainly use at work. I have bought a 3 PC subscription.

The Bitdefender installation is unable to connect to the Internet - I get an error message -1017 when updating. From the application, I cant connect to the Internet, can't activate the product.

I have added the proxy settings in the General settings. I have used the same credentials and setup in the same way on other applications, and they can connect to the internet.

This is really important that I get this product working urgently.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi!

As the forum is not very frequently visited, and answers of the administrator usually last several days, if ever, I would recommend you to contact the support!

Kind regards,

cc-bit

• Looks like -1017 should be an HTTP Forbidden error.

I can't really help you out with debugging steps, but I'm guessing the proxy is denying your credentials.

Hope this helps.

• Catalin,

I guess he is not answering to your friendly helping answer, because the forum notification is not working at all in this forum.

cc-bit

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭

I wouldn't say that, cc-bit. I got this one quite promptly.

• Funny, I have never received any. I'm not the only one in this forum. I'm an experienced user, not an idiot. It should be worth checking my error report about erroneous forum settings.

• cc-bit
    edited May 2015

I am an idiot not having documented my forum settings with screenshots. Now I went through them, and I found the "Email Settings" like shown in the following image:

bit-forum-settingsvzz70.png

1. Those settings may have reset while the registering process went ahead. I suppose this possible, because I watched a similar forum fault with the time zone settings wich caused the displayed time to switch flimmering. I had to set and save them anew.

2. Such elementary settings should certainly be preset by default to the function needed: "Enable E-Mail notification", and "Immediate notification"!

Still I propose that the lack of 99% answers can be explained by these problematic forum settings.

Thank you for reading.

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭

That might indeed be an issue. There are no defaults for that in the administration panel, sadly.

• cc-bit
    edited May 2015
    That might indeed be an issue. There are no defaults for that in the administration panel, sadly.

Thank you very much for responding, Catalyn! Have you really taken a look at the forum software settings? Thank you for that! You are the first Bitdefender official in this forum answering honestly and plainly to me.

I have googled the forum software "IP.Board", and I found some ten years old discussions about it. The website "http://www.invisionboard.com" which is the url in "Powered By IP.Board © 2015 IPS, Inc." doesn't exist any more. The forum software is obviously outdated.

Again: The insufficient adjusted forum software seems to be an infinite source oft communication fails. If the forum software doesn't work sufficiently, but you want to avoid a new installation, then you should at least help ervery new user to setup the controls sufficiently and to verify them again later. I think it would be easily done in a warning or clue displayed with the registration prcess. Marked in red. ;)

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

The subscription to a topic with instant email works fine for me and always has done -

Rohugh,

cc-bit has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Error -1017 On Update".

The topic can be found here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...view=getnewpost

• Thank you Rohugh!

I don't know how to feel about your notice - should I be lucky that it works with you, or should I be desperately hopeless for your further motivation to help me find the cause of the problem?

I recently discussed with an other memer of the forum similarly not receiving those notifications, and in the german section you will find a posting of a member having problems with the registration mails, the same as I had.

My forum mail settings are ok now, but I still do not receive notification mails. The forum form claims that I should receive mails (but I didn't until just now in this real moment):

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazouyy.png

Sincerely,

cc-bit

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited May 2015

At the expense of stating the obvious, but you are clicking the "Options" drop-down at the top of the forum and choosing "Track this topic"?

(Oh, again I got an instant email to your above post).

Ro.

• Thank you for your patience!

It says:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa8okfm.png

Oh, again I got an instant email to your above post
    Unfair world ...
  • csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    Have you really taken a look at the forum software settings?
    I have, not that I wasn't quite certain that they would have been enabled, had somebody found them.

"Powered By IP.Board © 2015 IPS, Inc." doesn't exist any more.
    They changed to http://www.invisionpower.com/ and yes, this is a bit outdated.

I think it would be easily done in a warning or clue displayed with the registration prcess. Marked in red. ;)
    Believe me when I say this - we could write the text on a red polka-dotted, scrolling full-screen banner and it wouldn't help.
  • Thanks a lot for your answer, Catalyn. :)

Concerning me, it would have helped very much, and it would have prevented me from beeing disappointed about the professionality of Bitdefender, and it would have saved me a great amount of wasting time.