Bitdefender 2016 Beta

When is bitdefender 2016 beta coming out...?

Comments

• Any Update...?

• same question here, will there be a Bitdefender 2016 release?

• same here.... bitdefender beta 2016 ?!?!?! when

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

There will no doubt be a 2016 version but I don't know if they will run a beta. I would certainly think they will although it is maybe a little early in the year yet, plus they have Windows 10 to consider so they may be waiting until they get a version closer the the RTM before beta testing starts.

• There will no doubt be a 2016 version but I don't know if they will run a beta. I would certainly think they will although it is maybe a little early in the year yet, plus they have Windows 10 to consider so they may be waiting until they get a version closer the the RTM before beta testing starts.

can bitdefender 2016 beta include pop up alert like emsisoft?

i have seen emsisoft pop up alert of virus when virus is downloaded, and ON demand scan UI which is very pretty. can you please make UI of bitdefender 2016 antivirus as per emsisoft? for pop up alert which include user interaction ask option like (1) quarantine (2) delete (3) repair (4) ignore with downloading file location path fully visible with threat name in red colour with clearly visible. user interaction for virus is required as same visible in emsisoft.

also ON demand scanner UI like emsisoft? for bitdefender 2016 beta.

with this addition, you will surely get more customer of bitdefender.

• From Total Security 2015 version what I can say:

Improve perfomance:

* Improve boot speed time

* Decrease RAM usage to ( 90-120 MB RAM )

* Improve HDD usage it used a lot of my HDD (especialy when updating ).

* Make program more stable especialy with logs and few users said about protection with IDS x64 bit....

Just optimzime your whole product :)

And I`m will be back to your security company !

And you may ask me what pc I have ?

CPU: i7-4702MQ

GPU: Geforce GTX 760M 2GB GDDR5

RAM: 8GB

HDD: 1TB but running at 5700 RPM thats bad but.

Curren AV: ESET Smart Security 8.0.312 and I want Bitdefender to be like this av light and fast. Why I still want Bitdefender? For awesome detection rates and best protection.

• antikythera
    edited May 2015
    From Total Security 2015 version what I can say:

Improve perfomance:

* Improve boot speed time

* Improve HDD usage it used a lot of my HDD (especialy when updating ).

* Make program more stable especialy with logs and few users said about protection with IDS x64 bit....

Just optimzime your whole product :)

I agree with 1-4 entirely. Although unless Windows 64-bit driver signing and kernel injection rules are relaxed then IDS 64-bit will never function properly but also is less relevant as a result. The limitations are there specifically to reduce the exposure to certain threats 32-bit systems are more vulnerable to.

That is down to Microsoft locking down the architecture rather than any wrong doing on Bitdefender's part. All third-party security packages suffer from the same issue on 64-bit OS.

I've posted the same suggestions as you previously to deaf ears. You really don't notice how bad things got when you have used BD for a while until you change to another product. I won't name names because comparisons are not allowed on here. Suffice to say, Bitdefender you have a lot of code optimisation to do. The existing method of pre-loading the database into RAM is partly to blame for the performance issues. I have said before that needs revisiting. You are light-years behind the competition with regards efficient resource usage at present.

Also, the new 'added value' optimisation tools are bloat in my view. Please focus on improving the efficiency of the core security features you earned your reputation from and forget trying to be a Swiss Army Knife.

Just make sure that windows defrag service (or executables for Vista and XP if you are still supporting them) is allowed full access to Bitdefender files by creating default process exclusion rules for them. They are from Vista onwards scheduled to run automatically by Windows.

The same goes for Windows Disk Cleanup. It is by far the safest tool to use.

You should take this as constructive feedback as it is meant. I know the last posts I've made on this forum going back several months now have been ignored apart from other users who have been helpful and knowledgeable as always.

So the ball is firmly in your court. Do you want to continue driving experienced customers who work in IT and can generate more sale for you away, or do you want to regain our trust by taking on board fair critique based on sound knowledge and presented facts?

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    You should take this as constructive feedback as it is meant. I know the last posts I've made on this forum going back several months now have been ignored apart from other users who have been helpful and knowledgeable as always.

So the ball is firmly in your court. Do you want to continue driving experienced customers who work in IT and can generate more sale for you away, or do you want to regain our trust by taking on board fair critique based on sound knowledge and presented facts?

I agree with you.

• Mahdi
    edited May 2015
    Improve perfomance:

I disagree with you !!! why ? because ....... Greater use of RAM = to be run faster software

• Wortex
    Wortex
    edited May 2015

I disagree with you !!! why ? because ....... Greater use of RAM = to be run faster software

I dont think so....

This product have no impact on system even on HDD using... and using low ram usage and feels better than Bitdefender in terms of perfomance and speed also in scaning.

And how smart optimization works in second pic... When you rendering with sony vegas or something doing that requires full pc power.

Why Bitdefender Photon adaptive technology dont work like that? As its advertised like it adapts.

post-184595-1432470005_thumb.png

post-184595-1432470305_thumb.png

That's what they are doing right now and it IS causing problems. They are demanding maximum resources for Bitdefender (insert name here) 2014/15 and riding roughshod over all other programs on the system. Even in game mode the performance of other programs is poorer than it should be.

Because Bitdefender uses so much ram for caching databases it is increasing the need for other programs to use the pagefile and slowing them down as a consequence.

Which is why we are asking them to revisit their excessive resource hogging policy.

• Also, the new 'added value' optimisation tools are bloat in my view. Please focus on improving the efficiency of the core security features you earned your reputation from and forget trying to be a Swiss Army Knife.

I agree with the sentence above. I purchased Bitdefender because it excels at antivirus and firewall protection. Those are the most important features for me and it is imperative that those features work well and continue to be improved. I do not use Bitdefender's Tuneup features because they are not the best in the industry and I want the best. That is why I use Bitdefender for my internet security. Please do what you do best - core security, focus on that, and leave the peripheral tuneup features to other companies.

• LOVE BITDEFENDER continue AND BRING BACK NETWORK TRAFFIC

• LOVE BITDEFENDER continue AND BRING BACK NETWORK TRAFFIC

+1

• bdl
    bdl ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015

please upload kit

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    please upload kit

Hiya,

The Private Beta just released is for those who have been beta testers for them in past years, the Public release of the beta will be on the 28th of this month, you also have to have applied and been accepted for it.

Ro.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Bitdefender 2016 beta will become public later this month.

@ Rohugh

I have received your email on bitsy@bitdefender.com but to be honest I have no information yet on whether it's OK or not to post those images.

I will get back to you by email as soon as I have a response from my managers.

Thank you!

• The bitdefender 2015 will be compatible with windows 10 or only 2016?

The Microsoft released Windows 10 RTM to insider members and now bitdefender clients dont have a compatible product yet.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    The bitdefender 2015 will be compatible with windows 10 or only 2016?

The Microsoft released Windows 10 RTM to insider members and now bitdefender clients dont have a compatible product yet.

Hiya,

Windows 10 is still not finalized, Insiders do not have the RTM version, the latest release is 10240 and there still may be upgrades to it before the end of the month. Bitdefender 2015 products will be compatible by the public release of Windows 10.

Ro.

• Hiya,

Windows 10 is still not finalized, Insiders do not have the RTM version, the latest release is 10240 and there still may be upgrades to it before the end of the month. Bitdefender 2015 products will be compatible by the public release of Windows 10.

Ro.

10240 is for all intents and purpose RTM. There won't be any more upgrades. There will be an additional update that provides the last RTM bits but that won't magically change the entire OS, so a piece of software wouldn't work. It just seems most anti-virus developers are dragging their feet big-time, waiting until the last possible second to release.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    It just seems most anti-virus developers are dragging their feet big-time, waiting until the last possible second to release.

I suspect that developing a fully compatible anti-virus program is not a five minute job, lots of testing and QA, and there are still 11 days to go before Microsoft releases Windows 10 to the public. Bitdefender have said that they will be compatible on release so they (and we) have time. :)

• Paul.R
    Paul.R ✭✭✭

Hi!

BD 2016 video:

Have a nice day!

• Paul.R
    Paul.R ✭✭✭

Hi!

Sorry for 2 post but i cant edit last post.

What's New for 2016?

Bitdefender 2016 is Windows 10 Ready - Windows 10 will launch on July 29. Bitdefender 2016 products line (Bitdefender Total Security, Bitdefender Internet Security and Bitdefender Antivirus Plus) make Windows 10 more secure. We are fully compatible with Windows 10.

Brand New Bitdefender firewall - New effective network firewall designed specifically for Windows 10.

Ransomware Protection - Protects your important files, videos and photos from being held for ransom by malware.

Synchronization Bitdefender wallet - Accessible from any device.

New Password Generator - Creates strong passwords that are difficult to hack.

• gerald_krutsch
    edited July 2015

I also searched for the BD 2016 beta and found 2 links:

1 - this link "http://www.bitdefender.com/subscribetobeta/?sm_id=SMGlobal" where u had to register first, get an confirmation mail but could not download the installation files and

2 - this link "http://www.bitdefender.com/beta/" where you register and can download also the installation files

Now I'm asking myself wich of these 2 links is legit.

Regards,

Gerald

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hello Gerald,

There is a pinned topic from Georgia here - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=58739

If you have tested a beta in previous years you can get in now on the private beta, if you haven't you will have to wait until the 28th of this month and test with the upcoming public beta.

Ro.

• Hello Rohugh,

thanks for the quick reply!

I can't recall testing any beta of BD so far (I'm doing this the first time now since the 2015 versions are not compatible with W10)!

Prior to registering for beta testing (Link No. 1 and Link from Georgia), I found this link "http://www.bitdefender.com/beta/",'>http://www.bitdefender.com/beta/", entered my BD credentials and installed the 2016 beta (so without prior registering for the beta!).

Since I can download the files from here "http://www.bitdefender.com/beta/" after logging in with my normal BD account, I wonder why do I have to register on this link "http://www.bitdefender.com/subscribetobeta/?sm_id=SMGlobal"???

Regards,

Gerald

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited July 2015

Hi again,

The first link shows the progress of the private beta, the second of your links (I think) allows you to link to your beta account and Bitdefender Cental (effectively your Dashboard that gives you all that "My Bitdefender does in 2015 plus a place to report beta problems and suggested improvements).

Ro.

Edit: Forgot to say that I haven't tried 2016 with Windows 10 yet and by the time the beta becomes public the 2015 versions will be compatible with Windows 10.

• I have to disagree with you on this thing Rohugh!

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page provided in the first link you get to this area (see attached picture). There you click on "Create BD account", log in with your credentials and install BD 2016!

In the 2nd link you can just sign up for the Beta!

Gerald

PS: Yes! The 2016 works on 10162, 10166 and 10240 (2015 does not work: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED!)

post-176268-1437400957_thumb.jpg

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    I have to disagree with you on this thing Rohugh!

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page provided in the first link you get to this area (see attached picture). There you click on "Create BD account", log in with your credentials and install BD 2016!

In the 2nd link you can just sign up for the Beta!

Gerald

PS: Yes! The 2016 works on 10162, 10166 and 10240 (2015 does not work: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED!)

OK, I didn't check those links as I am in the beta. :) I will not be trying the beta in Win 10 (10240), one comp running it is enough for now but thanks for letting us know. :P

• Anyone can test the new version of the product bitdefender.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Anyone can test the new version of the product bitdefender.

Maybe so, I was going off the information on the invitation screen.

post-175392-1437419472_thumb.jpg

• Paul.R
    Paul.R ✭✭✭
    Anyone can test the new version of the product bitdefender.

Look above....I post there a video about BD 2016 Beta.

• Look above....I post there a video about BD 2016 Beta.

I know this tester and subscribe to his channel.

• OK Bitdefender and fellow forum followers!

I have installed BD 2016 beta on W10 10240 without a hitch! All seems to be in working order exept that the firewall blocks email sync from within W10 Mail App. With the firewall turned on you will receive one of following error codes trying to sync: 0x8007271d or 0x80072726 (see this link for discussion on the topic: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider...9-4f2c7b5f46f0).

Temporalily disabling the firewall worked for me. Mail App was syncing without a problem. Firewall turned on resulted in the error!

Please look in to this matter.

Regards,

Gerald

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hiya Gerald,

I still haven't used the beta with Windows 10, I am waiting for a definite go-ahead. :D

Hope you have reported the problem you have found via the Beta Feedback from your Bitdefender Central.

Ro.

• Update! BD works fine! I switched the adapter setting from Home/Office to Trusted and "voila", no more sync issues.

• Cavalary
    edited July 2015

In this case, I guess it's the time of the year when I'll need to bring my suggestions list for the past few years up again.

For the first time made good on my threats since BD 2012 and haven't used BD this year (well, a quick trial of 2015, but that was it), for the first time since 2004. Stand by the statement that BD from v. 2012 onwards is pretty much unusable for people who actually know what they want and what they're doing with/on their computers. (Had been using 2011 all these years till now.)

Seriously, for the firewall module, learn from Comodo, finally tried that and hooked on it, seems exactly what I've been looking for. Their HIPS is handy too, especially if set to verbose to tell you why a warning pops up and what it means, alongside the recommendation, so you can better make an informed choice, though can be troublesome at times. Emsisoft also has some nice features, being able to decide which behaviors to monitor for specifically, and the online privacy guard bit, blocking sites that may harvest information and such (frankly, used it as a sort of blocker for nastier ads).

If comparisons aren't allowed here, well, whatever. Just sick and tired of asking for these things for several years. Seriously, would like to get back to BD, but not giving up on Comodo Firewall now unless that component will be even better, which seems hard to me and definitely exactly in the opposite direction to BD's philosophy for these past several years, and also a BD AV + CF combo is unlikely at the moment since pretty much any other AV I tried so far (been testing so far this year) offered me more control.

• I switched the adapter setting from Home/Office to Trusted and "voila", no more sync issues.

Good one. In addition to that, it would also be nice that there will be some pop up message suggesting setting it to trusted. That will save a lot of time for both parties. 1.gif

• Dear BD Team,

there was someone who said that after Windows 10 is launched, which was the 29.07.2015, BD 2015 Products will be compatible with the new OS.

Well, W10 has launched and gues what? BD TS 2015 generates the same blue screen as in the insider builds! Today I run two of my PC with BD 2016 beta. This is not realy the best way to keep your customers. I have to inform you that all your competitors have managed to provide working AV solutions.

Regards,

Gerald

• Hello.

Have you installed the version designed especially for Windows 10 ?

Please check here: What To Expect From Bitdefender 2015 After Upgrading To Windows 10

• Thank you for this link.

The original welcome email redirecting you to

connect.bitdefender.com

This then redirect you to

beta.bitdefender.com

Which then lead me to a connection refused page in Google Chrome.

• Hello.

Have you installed the version designed especially for Windows 10 ?

Please check here: What To Expect From Bitdefender 2015 After Upgrading To Windows 10

Hello mitza97,

replying after 2 weeks to my comment will not help.

Yes! I already found the new BD package that works with W10 (topic is also pinned from Georgia). The problem what all of us users were facing, was the lack of transparency and communication from the developers of BD in regard to the launch of W10. As I said, the major competitors already launched W10 compatible AV solution during the insider previews. BD just stated: "Upon the launch, BD will work!". How to get to it, will it be updating automatically through BD update, and so on, was a complete mistery!

<regards,

Gerald

• microlab
    edited August 2015

Hello

BitDefender interface design is very bad :( . Access to menus is harder :wacko: . And non-transactional code modules AntiVirus is included on the first page!

BitDefender better emergency management applications such as antivirus, Safe Pay, update, parental control and other items on the menu on the home page instead Tools:)

Just like the following:

post-180394-1440925097_thumb.png

The interface is very good because there is easy access to all user settings:

post-180394-1440925190_thumb.png

Items profiles better antivirus settings for a performance modules.Quick Scan option on the first page there is virtually no applications!o_O In general, badly designed interface and is simple and efficient as before!:mad:Settings menu on the home page does not exist! Weird !!! :wacko::(

Please report to BitDefender developers. Thank you B)

• When the product is released in the release?

• MIT GIGA
    edited September 2015

Greetings

Final version 2016 who was offering?

• When the product is released in the release?

Greetings

Final version 2016 who was offering?

10 september

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited September 2015

Today September 10th. How to download bitdefender 2016?

• How to download bitdefender 2016?

I guess it is called being patient until they post the details on the forum. :)

• In Russia we say so - "Accuracy - the politeness of kings"

This discussion has been closed.