Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Having Problems Configuring Bit Defender Parental Control (2015) On My Childs Windows 8 Laptop

I have three kids, all of which have Windows 8.1 64 bit laptops.

I have created an admin account on their machines and installed BitDefender total security 2015 while logged in as that admin account.

I created a child account on each machine. While logged in as each child, I have noticed that they can access the BitDefender dashboard and click the icon that says "Activate Device". Upon doing so, they are auto-logged into my.bitdefender.com and can

manage their settings. This backdoor into adjusting their parent controls is not good.

This is not a browser caching issue. I used CCleaner to insure that all cookies, passwords, windows credentials were wiped clean. I can't seem to stop this from happening, it's frustrating.

I need clear step by step advice for installing parental controls and activating without having this security issue. Help Please.

Comments

• I have three kids, all of which have Windows 8.1 64 bit laptops.

I have created an admin account on their machines and installed BitDefender total security 2015 while logged in as that admin account.

I created a child account on each machine. While logged in as each child, I have noticed that they can access the BitDefender dashboard and click the icon that says "Activate Device". Upon doing so, they are auto-logged into my.bitdefender.com and can

manage their settings. This backdoor into adjusting their parent controls is not good.

This is not a browser caching issue. I used CCleaner to insure that all cookies, passwords, windows credentials were wiped clean. I can't seem to stop this from happening, it's frustrating.

I need clear step by step advice for installing parental controls and activating without having this security issue. Help Please.

you should check it solution

• I have three kids, all of which have Windows 8.1 64 bit laptops.

I created a child account on each machine. While logged in as each child, I have noticed that they can access the BitDefender dashboard and click the icon that says "Activate Device". Upon doing so, they are auto-logged into my.bitdefender.com and can manage their settings. This backdoor into adjusting their parent controls is not good.

Hi Frustrated Father,

Welcome on the forum!

i do not know how far BD's parental control influence W8's parental control.

Maybe there is a conflict having two parental controls activated?

A BD administrator could answer you.

Windows 8 is known to have a good parental system.

I suppose you already filtered web sites, software such as below?

W8 parental control

Regards,

L.