Part Ii - U Have To Read The Website To Know What's In It

Got to give them credit when they told me to read the website to know when Bitdefender would be Windows 10 Compatible. However, it was not their main website but their blog.

Here it is today on Bitdefender's "Hot For Security" Blog.

Bitdefender Products Ready to Embrace Windows 10

Immediately after the upgrade from your old operating system has completed, your current antimalware product will likely be disabled if it is deemed incompatible with Windows 10. If your vendor has a version that is compatible, you will get a prompt asking you to upgrade the current security solution. Here is what to expect in case you are running a Bitdefender antimalware product, be it Bitdefender Antivirus, Bitdefender Internet Security or Bitdefender Total Security:

Photo on actual webpage inserted here.

The transition will go smoothly, as your license key and account information does not get lost during the upgrade. It only takes one click and a couple of minutes to download and have the best security solution of the year up and running on your brand-new operating system.

The rest of the article in general stuff about Windows 10. However it is interesting to note this tidbit in the article where Bitdefender recommends users use a a "multi-layered" or complementary approach to computer security

. As the number of threats is abruptly increasing from one year to another, the use of a complementary antimalware solution is paramount.

Hopefully it goes as smoothly as they say. For those who plan to stay in the Microsoft Insider program I would wait until after July 29th before attempting to install a Bitdefender product, making sure to check their website for compatiblity and then downloading the latest intaller file from the website for your Bitdender program of your choice.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

I made a post about the announcement yesterday. :)

I will be allowing the Win 10 updates to go through on my Win 8.1 machine which will include the new BD version. I will, however, load the Bitdefender 2016 beta onto my Win 10 computer, assuming they say it is compatible.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited July 2015

I made a post about the announcement yesterday. :)

I will be allowing the Win 10 updates to go through on my Win 8.1 machine which will include the new BD version. I will, however, load the Bitdefender 2016 beta onto my Win 10 computer, assuming they say it is compatible.

You did indeed :)

I would add that I will be uninstalling MBAM Premium and IMF Pro before letting the Windows 10 upgrade go through. Just to be on the safe side. IMF Pro 3.2 turns off Windows Defender in 10162 so just to be safe it will also be uninstalled along with MBAM Premium before the upgrade to Windows 10. However, I may stay on the Insider Ring on my computer which is currently running 10162. As long as I stay on the Slow Ring it should be pretty solid from here on out. Figure it is a opportunity to continue to give some feedback on a computer I primarily use for watching videos and not much else. Hopefully I will be able to install BDW8 Security that computer after July 29th. If BDW8 Security updates okay on my two W8.1 computers when they upgrade to Windows 10 RTM release it should be GTG after July 29th on the other computer which currently has build 10162 running on it.

If BDW8 Security bombs out when I do the upgrades from W8.1 to W10 I will have to evaluate the whole security situation on my computers. I am not too fond of BDIS 2015. IMO it still remains too buggy a year after its release. I would not expect BDTS 2015 to be any better.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

@Nesivos

It's nice to have three computers. :) Like you I will be staying on Win 10 Insider on one, updating one (this 8.1 desktop) and leaving my laptop on 8.1 for a few months. It will be interesting to see exactly what is meant by "complementary antimalware", hopefully it will allow us to run something like MBAM Premium alongside BD.

I don't suffer with problems or bugs with my BD TS, I am not even seeing this memory leak (touch wood) that a lot are complaining about. I hope they update W8 Security as I know you are enthusiastic about it.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited July 2015
    @Nesivos

It's nice to have three computers. :) Like you I will be staying on Win 10 Insider on one, updating one (this 8.1 desktop) and leaving my laptop on 8.1 for a few months. It will be interesting to see exactly what is meant by "complementary antimalware", hopefully it will allow us to run something like MBAM Premium alongside BD.

I don't suffer with problems or bugs with my BD TS, I am not even seeing this memory leak (touch wood) that a lot are complaining about. I hope they update W8 Security as I know you are enthusiastic about it.

As I have indicated elsewhere on the Bitdefender Forum I have never had any problems running either BDIS 2015 or BDW8 Security with Malwarebytes Premium. The compatibility problems I have had with MBAM and BD products are during the installation process. However,, as long as BD is installed before MBAM there is no problem

I upgraded to 10166 yesterday, Fast Ring, and while the update went fine it took about three hours. 75% of the time was spent in the Download phase of which 90% of that was in the beginning. Not sure why maybe the update was cleaning stuff up before the actual download. In anycase it is working fine. I am not sure yet if I want to keep that computer on the Insider Program or not. I guess I will decide after July 28th. Hopefully I will be able to install BDW8 Security on that computer by the end of this month

Just a correction. I have six computers. :) Four desktops and two tablets including a new W8.1 tablet I should be getting today. Hopefully it will upgrade to W10. It is my thing. My regret is that I don't have more room to collect old computers. Maybe if I move next year I will get a place with more room. You never know when you might find a gem chea.p at a garage sale.

Working Apple 1 Computer Sells for Record $905,000 at Auction

<h1 class="header-title">

</h1>