Progress Bar While Updating ?

About 4 weeks ago I installed BIS-2015 (after a disastrous dalliance with K~ :blink: )

- previously I had BIS-2013 until Feb 2015

Q1: Is there a Progress bar while BIS updates (as there was in BIS-2013)

- on occasions downloads freeze and without a progress indicator I cannot tell if the download is still happening

- or if the update fairy is out for lunch

Thank you :)

By the way ... it is good to be back with Bitdefender :wub:

Comments

• grayghost2
    edited July 2015

Installed Bitdefender on 6-July-2015 -- 10 days ago ... it feels like 4 weeks

Cannot edit post #1 after approx 10 minutes

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited July 2015

Q1: Is there a Progress bar while BIS updates (as there was in BIS-2013)

- on occasions downloads freeze and without a progress indicator I cannot tell if the download is still happening

- or if the update fairy is out for lunch

Hiya, doesn't seem you have been gone that long. ^_^

No progress bar now, just that circular thingy and whilst it would be nice to see it back it wasn't in the Beta when I checked it out.

Ro.

Edit: ;) We can't edit after a short time or if someone replies after our post. Seems we are not trustworthy or something.

• Hi Ro :)

Thank you for clarifying the Progress status.

That other AV was a really bad experience.

- two of my machines needed a clean install of the OS just to get my email client and preferred browser back

- they were both locked up even after the other AV was uninstalled.

Wise after the event!

- it co$t me money and 2½ weeks of my time ... I just had to cut my losses and return to Bitdefender

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello grayghost2 and welcome back.

The progress bar that used to be present on the Update module has been removed a few build versions ago from Bitdefender 2015.

Nevertheless, you can still check whether an update was performed successfully or not via the Events panel. You can access the list for it by first clicking on the human shaped icon in the upper right part of the dashboard.

• ... you can still check whether an update was performed successfully or not via the Events panel. You can access the list for it by first clicking on the human shaped icon in the upper right part of the dashboard.

Thank you Georgia for your guidance :)

... for newbies ...

post-130814-1437168429_thumb.png

post-130814-1437168442_thumb.png

post-130814-1437168638_thumb.png