License Key Restricted In Your Region

I purchased a new license via Cleverbridge. When I try to activate it I get this rather weird and bad sounding message from BD 'License key restricted in your region'. There is nothing in the invoice about this. When I bought the license I had to fill in where I lived and there was no complaint about it being the UK.

What region would I have to live in to be deemed worthy by BD to use this license?

What is going on here?

Comments

• I purchased a new license via Cleverbridge. When I try to activate it I get this rather weird and bad sounding message from BD 'License key restricted in your region'. There is nothing in the invoice about this. When I bought the license I had to fill in where I lived and there was no complaint about it being the UK.

What region would I have to live in to be deemed worthy by BD to use this license?

What is going on here?

Hi sb.750,

Maybe you could contact BD support?

BD support

Regards,

L.

• Hi sb.750,

Maybe you could contact BD support?

BD support

Regards,

L.

I already contacted them but no reply yet, not even an automatic one.

• Hi, just be patient, they will reply but it may take some time especially that it's a weekend. 1.gif

• I already contacted them but no reply yet, not even an automatic one.

You might be able to phone support. I have a phone support number in the U.S. and use it rather than filling out a support ticket. They are available 24/7 and if the problem requires a support ticket they write it up and email the information to the caller.

My epxerience with the BD phone support is that it has been very helpful. A lot more so than just filling out a support ticket. In fact, another neat thing about calling support is if a support ticket is open and you don't like the response from BD via email you can phone support and talk to them about it. You won't always get what you want but at least you will have a sentient being to talk to about the status of the support ticket.

I don't know if there is a support phone number in the U.K.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited July 2015

There is quite a few support telephone numbers for different parts of the world, (never tried one though. :) )

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer-phone.html