I Vote For Bdw8 Security Being Updated To Officially Support W10

Having used both BDW8 Security and BDIS 2014 and now 2015 for a while I much prefer BDW8 Security.

The two main reasons I prefer BDW8 Security.

1. Is uses noticeably less memory

2. It is easier to configure and maintain than BD 2015. I would not like to see it updated to look like BD 2015 products nor to include the bells and whistles in the BD 2015 products

I have posted several times what a great product I think BDW8 Security is. Therefore if it is updated to be W10 compatible I would prefer to see zero changes to its design and features. Just make it W10 compatible

The above comments are based upons having used BDW8 Security for over two years and BDIS for over a year.

Comments

• Good luck with that. They are more likely to ditch it completely like Bitdefender Sphere :rolleyes:

• Good luck with that. They are more likely to ditch it completely like Bitdefender Sphere :rolleyes:

1. It does work, unsupported on W10 TP

2. It is a heck of a lot better product than BD2015

Thanks for your non-official feedback

• antikythera
    edited May 2015
    1. It does work, unsupported on W10 TP

2. It is a heck of a lot better product than BD2015

Thanks for your non-official feedback

You're unofficially welcome. I hope I'm wrong about this, I really do because I'm not enamoured with the current Bitdefender offering either. The 2013 products which got me interested in the brand were much less demanding on resources and had more options for advanced users.

• You're unofficially welcome. I hope I'm wrong about this, I really do because I'm not enamoured with the current Bitdefender offering either. The 2013 products which got me interested in the brand were much less demanding on resources and had more options for advanced users.

It did work on Windows 10 TP until 10122 or possibly earlier. The same thing happened with W8 when it was in TP mode. A number of things worked early on but as they got closer to W8 RTM some things no longer worked, due to Microsoft turning on certain features in W8 TP and now W10 TP as they got closer to RTM

I just did a clean install of W10 TP 10122 last week. I then tried to install firstly BD W8 Security and the system locked during the install process. I did a W10 TP 10122 reset and tried to install BDIS 2015. Again the system locked during the install process and I did another reset. Then for the heck of it I installed BD AV Free. It installed but after a few seconds all protection was turned off by Windows 10 TP 10122.

Anyway I went back to W7-SP1 on that computer since there were other issuses with the 10122 that I felt made it unsatisfactory to use nothwithstanding I don't trust Windows Defender as my anti-malware product.

Whether or not BD W8 Security will be updated to be compatible with W10 RTM remains to be seen. I certainly hope so for a number of reasons including the fact that it uses about 1/3 the RAM on W8.1 that BDIS 2015 uses on W7-SP1. From reading the posts on the Update thread I imagine BDIS 2015 also uses a lot more memory on W8.1 than BD W8 Security.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security will not be made compatible with Windows 10 and there are no current plans to create a similar product compatible with Windows 10.

So most likely there will not be a product Bitdefender Windows 10 Security.

Only Bitdefender 2016 and 2015 classic line will become compatible with Windows 10.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited July 2015
    Hello,

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security will not be made compatible with Windows 10 and there are no current plans to create a similar product compatible with Windows 10.

Only Bitdefender 2016 and 2015 classic line will become compatible with Windows 10.

Thanks for the information. This definitely presents a problem for me with respect to Windows 10 Security. Most likely I iwll initially use Windows Defender for Windows 10 Security. Based upon what I read on the Bitdefender forum and forums of competitive products as well as reviews I will make a decision on what to do with reagard to Windows 10 security. As long as BDIS is a clunky and bug filled as it is now I will not use it on Windows 10. I do not like the product at all. Great security but uses way too much memory and has too many bugs even after the last update. I really don't need all the features in BDTS 2015 so no reason to pay for what I don't need.

I understand that this was a marketing decision by Bitdefender due to lack of users for BDW8 Security. I respect that as you guys got to make money.

Thanks again for the heads up. It is unfortunate that I will lose about six months of my license on BDW8 Security. Then again I could wait until the BDW8 Security license expires next Janauary before upgrading to W10 on the two computers I have running BDW8 Security as the W10 upgrade will still be free at that time.

Cheers

• Hello,

To make a long story story I followed up on your post about BDW8 Security and contacted BD support via phone. I explained my current license situation to them and they agreed to merge my BDW8 license with my BDIS 2015 license to give me a license key for BDTS for four windows computers for a specific number of days.

I should be receiving the key by this weekend. When I do I will uninstall BDW8 Security on my two W8.1 computers and BDIS 2015 on my W7-SP1 computer. Then install BDTS 2015 on those three computers. Once BDTS 2015 supports Windows 10 I will install BDTS 2015 on my computer with W10 as well as update the two W8.1 computers to Windows 10. I may or may not upgrade the W7-SP1 computer to Windows 10. Still undecided about that.

Anyway. thanks for your headsup post that set the wheels in motion and hopefully the upgrades from W8.1 to W10 and switch to BDTS 2015 will go smoothly.

Have a nice day

• I've just upgraded Win 10 Pro on my Surface Pro 3. Bitdefender Win 8 Security was somehow "removed" and not working after the upgrade. What I did was to "repair" the installation (the program is still listed under Program Features) and after the Repair, Win 8 Security is working fine now in Win 10.

• Antec
    edited August 2015
    It did work on Windows 10 TP until 10122 or possibly earlier. The same thing happened with W8 when it was in TP mode. A number of things worked early on but as they got closer to W8 RTM some things no longer worked, due to Microsoft turning on certain features in W8 TP and now W10 TP as they got closer to RTM

I just did a clean install of W10 TP 10122 last week. I then tried to install firstly BD W8 Security and the system locked during the install process. I did a W10 TP 10122 reset and tried to install BDIS 2015. Again the system locked during the install process and I did another reset. Then for the heck of it I installed BD AV Free. It installed but after a few seconds all protection was turned off by Windows 10 TP 10122.

Anyway I went back to W7-SP1 on that computer since there were other issuses with the 10122 that I felt made it unsatisfactory to use nothwithstanding I don't trust Windows Defender as my anti-malware product.

Whether or not BD W8 Security will be updated to be compatible with W10 RTM remains to be seen. I certainly hope so for a number of reasons including the fact that it uses about 1/3 the RAM on W8.1 that BDIS 2015 uses on W7-SP1. From reading the posts on the Update thread I imagine BDIS 2015 also uses a lot more memory on W8.1 than BD W8 Security.

Hello,

Absolutely agree with your point of view. (I asked the same question on the French Forum). I find BD W8 Security better than in BD IS 2015.

In short, ok for the Bitdefender answer. But it is a pity.

For Bitdefender. The optimization toolbox inherited in 2015 from the Total Security Version. It not want ! As on BD W8 Security

But on licensing. For BD W8 Security and BD IS 2015 ... they are compliant!

The same active license the two products

Without a doubt. We forgot to tell you. LOL

Best Regards

Antec

• Its as official as it gets

Using W10 Pro I and Firefox 40 I went to the Bitdefender website. I was just curious to see if anything was going with my old friend BDW8 Secuirty as there still are people useing W8.X

So I chose Home Products, or whatever it says and clicked on BDW8 Security.

Lo and behold I got this popup

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security Is Not Windows 10 Compatible.

Secure Your PC With Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

That is as offciial as it gets that BDW8 Security is not supported on W10. I guess that is why they named it BD W8 Security siince the only Windows OS it is compatible with is W8.X

This discussion has been closed.