Firefox Disabled Wallet

Last Firefox update disabled Bitdefender Wallet addon.I am using FF 41.0b1 and Bitdef Total Sec 2015.

Thank you

post-193296-1439830200_thumb.png

Comments

• Hello Joll1Roger,

Bitdefender is not guaranteed to fully work with Firefox betas or nightly versions , only with the release version which is 40.0.2.

Ro.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited August 2015
    Last Firefox update disabled Bitdefender Wallet addon.I am using FF 41.0b1 and Bitdef Total Sec 2015.

Thank you

Mozilla will require all extensions to be validated and signed by Mozilla starting in Firefox 41, which will be released on September 22nd 2015. link

About two weeks ago I notified Bitdefender Support about this and they said that the Wallet extension for Firefox will be signed by the time Firefox 41 is released which as stated above is scheduled for September 22nd.

There is a way in version 41 to override this. I don't recall how to do it. My guess is it can be done in Tools Options Advanced Settings or in about:config. Beginning in V42 no override will be possible.

You can search the web for the correct method of overriding in v41 or maybe the link above "validated and signed" will explain how to. In any case just to let you know. The EFF has now updated HTTPS Everywhere v 5.1.0 and Privacy Badger v 1.0.1 the latter of which can be downloaded from the Firefox add-on website, so they are now signed for Firefox.

• I updated Bitdefender Security 2015 and Firefox is still blocking Wallet. Has there been any updates?

• Hello cuinoz and welcome to the forums.

Which version of Firefox are you using? If it is not 41.0.1 or before then Wallet will probably not work.

Ro.

• Hello cuinoz and welcome to the forums.

Which version of Firefox are you using? If it is not 41.0.1 or before then Wallet will probably not work.

Ro.

I am using 41.0.2.

• I am using 41.0.2.

I have the same problem with a french version Firefox 42.0 and the one before 41.0.2

• mitkos
    mitkos
    edited October 2016

Today after updating Firefox to 49.0.2 Bitdefender Wallet extension for Firefox stop working. Using Bitdefender TS 2017.