Lost Internet Access After Windows 10 Update (or Bd Update)

I have (had) BD TS 2015 installed and updated after a Windows 10 install a week ago. All has been well until this morning, when I find I've lost internet access on my PC. Wifi connection available by phone etc, so I realised it was PC related. I could see from the BD Events record that updates started to fail overnight, so guessed it may be related to an update, either to Windows 10 or Bitdefender.

Spent 4 hours fiddling with everything I could think of, and uninstalled the latest Windows update. I could see there had been one sometime in the last 24 hours so thought that might be it. I've read since that this is quite a bit W10 update (KB3081424). None of which solved the problem.

Eventually got a hold of an iPad and Googled online ref similar reports, and eventually came across someone who reckoned it was an issue with his BD TS. He took a bit of criticism for arriving at this conclusion but he'd uninstalled BD and his internet access came back up immediately. As I had nothing to lose I tried this too. Part way through the uninstall process a browser window opened to a Bitdefender survey asking why I was uninstalling it.

Sure enough, tried other URLs and Outlook and all internet access was open again. Completed uninstall, rebooted, and all is well again. Therefore it's clear that the issue was indeed with the most current versions of Windows 10 and Bitdefender TS 2015.

This is a major problem if you don't think to try uninstalling BD. And I expect most wouldn't. I'd already tried disabling it and that hadn't worked - it needed an uninstall. And without internet access to browse for a solution you're kinda stuck. If I hadn't Googled via the iPad I'd undoubtedly still be off air. Because even when (I assume) BD and/or Microsoft identify and fix the issue, how will they update users without internet access? Or even email them to tell them to uninstall/reinstall? ok, many will have emails also set up on their phones etc, but not everyone.

I'm pretty unhappy about this, and though I'm not sure if I should be unhappy with BD or Microsoft, or both, at this point I'm unlikely to reinstall BD. And I've been using it for at least 5 years.

Comments

• I don't know if it is related to Bitdefender because after I upgraded to W10 Pro from W7 Pro, I cannot connect to the internet through my broadband connection, just my Wifi. I uninstalled the Bitdefender solution before the upgrade and the W7 internet connection was ok.

• After the Windows update this morning I also lost internet connection. I went into the Bitdefender 'Firewall', 'Settings' and turned off 'Block

Internet Connection Sharing', almost straight away the Internet was back online. Since then I have been to the Bitdefender site to see

why this happened. I could not find out why, but I did see where they advise to go into the 'Firewall', 'Adapter' and turn off 'Stealth Mode',

then turn 'Generic' on. I did this also, but I would still like to know why 'Block Internet Connection Sharing' became ticked after the

Windows 10 update?

• I also have BD TS 2015 and upgraded my Win7Pro 32 bit to Win10 Pro 32 bit in early August. After the upgrade BD did not show up so I went online and followed the instructions on uninstalling BD totally and downloading it from the website and reinstalling. I did that although the whole process took nearly as much time as the Win7 to Win10 upgrade. Immediately after I was still able to use my web browsers. However, after my first Win10 update on 8/10 none of the browsers I had worked (Chrome, IE or Edge), whether on my wireless or wired. I rolled back to Win7 but my IE froze my computer when I tried to open it. I was able to surf using Chrome but something happened to the privacy settings and I am unable to download anything using Chrome. After reading this thread, I will move back to Win10 and unblock the Firewall setting mentioned above. If that doesn't work then I will just uninstall BD.

• I also have BD TS 2015 and upgraded my Win7Pro 32 bit to Win10 Pro 32 bit in early August. After the upgrade BD did not show up so I went online and followed the instructions on uninstalling BD totally and downloading it from the website and reinstalling. I did that although the whole process took nearly as much time as the Win7 to Win10 upgrade. Immediately after I was still able to use my web browsers. However, after my first Win10 update on 8/10 none of the browsers I had worked (Chrome, IE or Edge), whether on my wireless or wired. I rolled back to Win7 but my IE froze my computer when I tried to open it. I was able to surf using Chrome but something happened to the privacy settings and I am unable to download anything using Chrome. After reading this thread, I will move back to Win10 and unblock the Firewall setting mentioned above. If that doesn't work then I will just uninstall BD.

Hi 🙋 Rhony2,

Welcome on the forum!

Did you try solutions provided by the tech support on the above "important topic" by Christian?

Regards,

L. :huh:

• After reading this thread, I will move back to Win10 and unblock the Firewall setting mentioned above. If that doesn't work then I will just uninstall BD.

Hiya,

Before moving back to Windows 10, please un-install Bitdefender using the BD Uninstall tool. Once you have Windows 10 set up and running download BD TS again.

You can find the uninstall and download links here - http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/autom...SampleUploader/

Ro.

• I also had the same problem on two of my machines. I was unable to connect to the internet on both Wifi and a direct wired connection to the same router. Both had fine connections and could see each other, but were unable to share files.

Both BD and Windows 10 had been running fine for about two weeks then an upgrade happened overnight(to windows and Bitdefender and both lost connectivity. the initial install was done following instructions and had no problems.

Nothing to do with the re-install issue mentioned before. I troubleshooted by disabling all antivirus and firewall features of Bitdefender. Connection to the internet returned immediately. I restored the AV features and all was fine.

I turned on the firewall with "block internet connection sharing" turned off. The other settings: "block port scans" and "monitor WiFi connections" and changed the settings in the "adapters" tab to home office or trusted.

• Same problem... this solution from BitDefender fixes it....

What to do if I lose the internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10?

If you are having issues with the internet connection after you upgraded your OS to Windows 10, please set the Bitdefender Firewall correctly, by following these steps:

1. Open the Bitdefender program

2. Click on the Protection module and then click on the Firewall feature

3. Make sure the Firewall is turned ON and then go to the Adapters tab and perform the following changes:

at "Network Type" select "Home/Office"

at "Stealth Mode" select "Off"

at "Generic" select "On"

Now close the Bitdefender window and restart your system.