All Browsers Got Hyjacked By Oursurfing.com

pcbugfixer
pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in General

G'day Folks,

All my Browsers, Firefox, IE, Safari, Google chrome and Opera got hijacked by "oursurfing.com"

The specific line that loads at any browser start is "http://www.oursurfing.com/?type=sc&ts=1440657087&z=21e223b3f0c97db3c281da1g7zccaefozzjcktmlma&from=amt&uid=WDCXWD5000AADS-00S9B0_WD-WCAV9D25789557895" this is identical on every browser.

I have searched the internet and all the suggested cleaners like SpyHunter and other suggestions just do not work. BTW the google search results mostly point to SpyHunter as the cleaner for this, as I said it does not and in the scan result SpyHunter wants to clean out suggested discovered items that it should not. Totally suggest that SpyHunter is never used for any virus cleaning.

I have BitDefender Total Security 2015 running on the Win XP Pro SP3 system which is updated by Microsoft Update (not windows update) which still functions on my system and proceeds to update Critical and other installed Microsoft Software like Microsoft office 2007, etc. (please do not attempt to suggest otherwise) i.e. that Microsoft have stopped supporting XP and the updater do not work anymore. Microsoft Update work on all my XP systems !!!

PCBF System 03 also loads Win 7 U and Server 2003 (yes I know MS has stopped support on 2003 as well) on which the Browsers are not affected by this.

I do not understand How this hijack got passed BDTS 2015 and obviously need assistance in cleaning out the "http://www.oursurfing.com/?type=sc&ts=1440657087&z=21e223b3f0c97db3c281da1g7zccaefozzjcktmlma&from=amt&uid=WDCXWD5000AADS-00S9B0_WD-WCAV9D25789557895" to prevent it from loading.

I have done a search of the registry and there is nothing that shows up about "oursurfing.com" System 03 is also configured to show all hidden system and other files and obviously I also performed a search for "oursurfing.com" on the C: drive with no result.

I have a "Image for Windows v2.73c" dated the 24th Aug from which I can restore the XP partition and reload the MS Outlook from to-days date, and other backups from the Desktop etc. Documents do not reside on this partition nor do other important data files, so if we cannot clean the "oursurfing.com" I will restore the image from the 24th and reload the other backups.

If anyone has a fix for this please reply ASAP - Thanks

Obviously a fix would be more beneficial in the event that other Users have the same problem and may not have a recovery point or other backup.

Regards

pcbugfixer :ph34r:

Comments

• G'day Folks,

All my Browsers, Firefox, IE, Safari, Google chrome and Opera got hijacked by "oursurfing.com"

The specific line that loads at any browser start is "http://www.oursurfing.com/?type=sc&ts=1440657087&z=21e223b3f0c97db3c281da1g7zccaefozzjcktmlma&from=amt&uid=WDCXWD5000AADS-00S9B0_WD-WCAV9D25789557895" this is identical on every browser.

I have searched the internet and all the suggested cleaners like SpyHunter and other suggestions just do not work. BTW the google search results mostly point to SpyHunter as the cleaner for this, as I said it does not and in the scan result SpyHunter wants to clean out suggested discovered items that it should not. Totally suggest that SpyHunter is never used for any virus cleaning.

I have BitDefender Total Security 2015 running on the Win XP Pro SP3 system which is updated by Microsoft Update (not windows update) which still functions on my system and proceeds to update Critical and other installed Microsoft Software like Microsoft office 2007, etc. (please do not attempt to suggest otherwise) i.e. that Microsoft have stopped supporting XP and the updater do not work anymore. Microsoft Update work on all my XP systems !!!

PCBF System 03 also loads Win 7 U and Server 2003 (yes I know MS has stopped support on 2003 as well) on which the Browsers are not affected by this.

I do not understand How this hijack got passed BDTS 2015 and obviously need assistance in cleaning out the "http://www.oursurfing.com/?type=sc&ts=1440657087&z=21e223b3f0c97db3c281da1g7zccaefozzjcktmlma&from=amt&uid=WDCXWD5000AADS-00S9B0_WD-WCAV9D25789557895" to prevent it from loading.

I have done a search of the registry and there is nothing that shows up about "oursurfing.com" System 03 is also configured to show all hidden system and other files and obviously I also performed a search for "oursurfing.com" on the C: drive with no result.

I have a "Image for Windows v2.73c" dated the 24th Aug from which I can restore the XP partition and reload the MS Outlook from to-days date, and other backups from the Desktop etc. Documents do not reside on this partition nor do other important data files, so if we cannot clean the "oursurfing.com" I will restore the image from the 24th and reload the other backups.

Obviously a fix would be more beneficial in the event that other Users have the same problem and may not have a recovery point or other backup.

Regards

• G'day Folks,

Regards

Hi...Did you try Adw Cleaner by a company named Xplode. Sorry about the double post.

• mitza97
    mitza97
    edited August 2015

Hello. :rolleyes:

You will find how in the next link: Hijacked by "oursurfing.com"

• Hi...Did you try Adw Cleaner by a company named Xplode. Sorry about the double post.

Thanks "ozziebear",

When I tried ' Adw Cleaner' the first time it yielded no item with "oursurfing" in it.

The next day when I had time I tried again and love and behold it did scan a bit longer and came up with the "oursurfing" items in various Tab's.

After unchecking the items I did not want removed and then continuing and cleaning the remainder including the "oursurfing" items, then re-booting, the obnoxious "oursurfing.com" items were removed and no longer hijacked by Browsers.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Hello. :rolleyes: You will find how in the next link: Hijacked by "oursurfing.com"

Thanks and no thanks 'mitza97',

Fancy way of showing me how to search, and then the rolling eyes icon neither of which I needed. I think I know how to perform a search on all search Engines.

Then in your search for the "hijacked by "oursurfing.com"" the result yielded the first 2 items that wanted to use "SpyHunter" which I do not recommend to anyone. It is a ruthless scanner and detects items that should never be removed from a system. Also I would suggest, that if used it should only be used by an Advanced Users and is not intended for Novices.

In my last post in rely to "ozziebear" I used the 'Adw Cleaner' which also is, or I would suggest, not intended for a Novice User as it also has some items that should not be removed. However if used, it would not be as harmful (as "SpyHunter") on the average User System and it does clean out the "oursurfing.com" items that hijacked the Browsers.

In my instance it cleaned the Mozilla Firefox, IE, Safari, Google Chrome, and the Opera Browsers all at the same time.

(why I have so many Browsers installed - Because this /my System 03 is a Help Desk Support System and may use these browsers for support on a Customers System)

Thanks anyway, good of you to help.

Regards

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Thanks "ozziebear",

When I tried ' Adw Cleaner' the first time it yielded no item with "oursurfing" in it.

The next day when I had time I tried again and love and behold it did scan a bit longer and came up with the "oursurfing" items in various Tab's.

After unchecking the items I did not want removed and then continuing and cleaning the remainder including the "oursurfing" items, then re-booting, the obnoxious "oursurfing.com" items were removed and no longer hijacked by Browsers.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Hi...You're welcome. Glad it worked for you.

• Thanks and no thanks 'mitza97',

Fancy way of showing me how to search, and then the rolling eyes icon neither of which I needed. I think I know how to perform a search on all search Engines.

Then in your search for the "hijacked by "oursurfing.com"" the result yielded the first 2 items that wanted to use "SpyHunter" which I do not recommend to anyone. It is a ruthless scanner and detects items that should never be removed from a system. Also I would suggest, that if used it should only be used by an Advanced Users and is not intended for Novices.

In my last post in rely to "ozziebear" I used the 'Adw Cleaner' which also is, or I would suggest, not intended for a Novice User as it also has some items that should not be removed. However if used, it would not be as harmful (as "SpyHunter") on the average User System and it does clean out the "oursurfing.com" items that hijacked the Browsers.

In my instance it cleaned the Mozilla Firefox, IE, Safari, Google Chrome, and the Opera Browsers all at the same time.

(why I have so many Browsers installed - Because this /my System 03 is a Help Desk Support System and may use these browsers for support on a Customers System)

Thanks anyway, good of you to help.

Regards

Hello.

Regarding your post, i don't see anywhere in the first 2 results on the search page SpyHunter, ONLY AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes AntiMalware FREE and Hitman PRO. If you use this 3 programs, you get rid of the problem. No offence, I do not mean to be sarcastic if you understand this. Anyway, i am glad that you resolve the problem. Have a nice day! :rolleyes: